Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

16 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Haha. I used to deliver coal to her house. Lovely family.  May she Rest In Peace , amen 

Just got it cranked up flat out - what a great song - and what a cool connection... such a close link... May she rest in Peace. Amen.

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Would you believe it was on the radio as I was out in the car earlier.  The poor girl battled the demon drink.  Mothers ruin as they call it 

That is festive that it was on the radio...  interesting connections mate.

Yeah I reckon being up on the top of the world like they are when things are going well will be a big high mountain to climb off...  Heath Ledger... Michael Hutchence... Bon Scott... it's a tough gig to survive I reckon.

• Like 1

I'm listening to ACDC - Have a drink on me right now.

What I'm not listening to is this guy...

Are you for real pal??? This guy & death metal pizza guy are just a small sample today of those walking among us.

.... & people wonder why the world is going down the toilet?

Lusty.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, MUZZY said:

Big fan of Alan Parsons Project work. I don't listen to them often enough these days. Made some terrific stuff through the late 60's & into the 70's.

They were one of the first bands to play around with studio equipment & sounds on a really technical level to make new sounds never heard before. For their time & I reckon still today some of the music they created is quite incredible. Some may not like the music style, but most would be hard pressed to not be impressed with the complexity of sound produced in Alan Parsons Project music.

For those who may not know, Alan Parsons was involved in the production of The Beatles "Abbey Road" & "Let It Be" albums & apparently had a lot to do with the formation of Pink Floyd, whom he was the lead producer of on their famous "Dark Side Of The Moon" album.

TTBOMK, Alan Parsons Project were the first to ever record the sound of a cymbal being hit & reverse the sound of that & include it in a song. That particular sound effect has been used by many artists over the years in many tracks & movies etc. MIchael Jackson's "Thriller" song comes to mind.

For those as old as me, a section of "Silence & I" used to be the intro soundtrack for channel seven's footy show back in the late 70's & early 80's.

Great stuff. 😎

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

For those as old as me, a section of "Silence & I" used to be the intro soundtrack for channel seven's footy show back in the late 70's & early 80's.

I just had a listen to Silence and I. Although there was some strong instrumental work in it I didn't hear any familiarity that pricked my ears in relation to the footy show but that could just be my poor memory. The one most memorable for me was Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Fanfare For The Common Man on 7's Sportsworld. A great anthem.

Edited by MUZZY

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Someone might have borrowed a little hey Hairy!?!

Or it is a case of convergent evolution?

I really don't believe Men at Work pinched Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree... and actually saw a very detailed musical-legal paper on this and in that paper a musical-lawyer absolutely shittcanned the case...

But had I heard this Iggy... and sat down to write a song... suspect that the cool riff might have been in my mind?!

Sweet mate... luvyerwork!

Cheers

BB

PS and think you were one of the Brewers that recommended theW3068 for me for Weizen - tis pure Gold!  Thanks!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Someone might have borrowed a little hey Hairy!?!

Or it is a case of convergent evolution?

I really don't believe Men at Work pinched Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree... and actually saw a very detailed musical-legal paper on this and in that paper a musical-lawyer absolutely shittcanned the case...

But had I heard this Iggy... and sat down to write a song... suspect that the cool riff might have been in my mind?!

Sweet mate... luvyerwork!

Cheers

BB

PS and think you were one of the Brewers that recommended theW3068 for me for Weizen - tis pure Gold!  Thanks!

Everyone borrows from someone else to some extent, with respect to music. Unless it is a direct rip-off or sample then I am fine with it.

The Men at Work claim was just a money grab. It wasn’t even the original artist making a claim.

• Like 1