Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 1/9/2020 at 11:14 PM, MUZZY said:

Recorded back in the "MTV Unplugged" days. Some awesome stuff from awesome musicians & artists came out of that era. Nirvana & Eric Clapton Unplugged CD's still sit in my CD racks.

Rod was at the peak of his powers around this time & Ronny Wood came back to play as a bit of a time out from his regular gig over with The Rolling Stones since he left The Faces group. Very talented musical line-up for this show that played seamlessly. I really enjoyed Mandolin Wind with Rod playing banjo & Ronny giving him a bit of stick, but loved the respect between the two after that song when they shook hands. Really cool.

Best version of Maggy May you will EVER hear recorded, live, remastered, or otherwise came from this show.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Recorded back in the "MTV Unplugged" days. Some awesome stuff from awesome musicians & artists came out of that era. Nirvana & Eric Clapton Unplugged CD's still sit in my CD racks.

Rod was at the peak of his powers around this time & Ronny Wood came back to play as a bit of a time out from his regular gig over with The Rolling Stones since he left The Faces group. Very talented musical line-up for this show that played seamlessly. I really enjoyed Mandolin Wind with Rod playing banjo & Ronny giving him a bit of stick, but loved the respect between the two after that song when they shook hands. Really cool.

Best version of Maggy May you will EVER hear recorded, live, remastered, or otherwise came from this show.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Sorry Lusty but I cannot help myself with this completely random below bit of verse...

Rod Stewart, I think you blew it,

Was the third tour in three years...

And it's not that I mind the rock-n-roll band

But the Leopardskin shitttts me to tears

; )

Edited by Bearded Burbler

20 hours ago, Beerlust said:

Cheers,

Lusty.

I have an MTV Unplugged CD, various artists. It includes this version of Gasoline Alley. One of my favourite CDs.