Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Coopers English Bitter (Battleship Bitter)

First taste, I like, will wait another few weeks, maybe..

Looks the Biz @DavidM mate and hopefully you can try some more in a few weeks as it will be even betterer 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good David, don't have too many, I am not sure if Guinness glasses bounce from that far up 🤭

Haven't dropped one over the side Yet..

but you never know

• Haha 2

Yesterday was kind of a dark and short day. Starting of with a two month old Old Conkerwood Black Ale and finished, or better it finished me 😖 was a long neck of 10 month old Mr. Sinister Chocolate Malt Ale. Every bottle seems to be getting better. Let's see if they improved since yesterday 🤣, but this time with some nice Panang Curry crispy pork.

Old Conckerwood.JPG

Sinister Chocolate.JPG

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Yesterday was kind of a dark and short day. Starting of with a two month old Old Conkerwood Black Ale and finished, or better it finished me 😖 was a long neck of 10 month old Mr. Sinister Chocolate Malt Ale. Every bottle seems to be getting better. Let's see if they improved since yesterday 🤣, but this time with some nice Panang Curry crispy pork.

Old Conckerwood.JPG

Sinister Chocolate.JPG

Lovely looking beers as usual ol Fritza

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Wheatie Ale

First Cab off the Rank

Waste not want not - I saved the last few Litres that did not fit into the keg and because bottles were not handy - I piped into SodaStream Bottle and fizzed it 🥳

I left the whole gadget and sodastream bottle in the keg freezer for a while to calm down as have had over-flowing problems in the past... seemed to work a bit better this time ; )

Tastes quite nice -n and will be interesting to see how it changes as the keg carbs up and clarifies.

Cheers All and avagoodweegenddonforgettheaerogard ; )

image.thumb.png.7e9be4f3f4edb3478a0aa64f5d0b206f.png

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks very drinkable IP in the legendary fence post landscape, not too many Buffaloes roaming this evening or have you got out the Blunderbuss & maybe carved one up for this evening's meal 🤣

Nah, I think he's more of a pork knuckle man 🙂 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Pride of Ringwood late

@Tone boy Toner that looks lovely mate - hey - what sort of "flavour-aroma profile" would you suggest the PoR provides late - is it a bit like Melbin Bitter or maybe Crowny or?  I used to like both of those megaswillers - and will one day again have another crack at an Aussie Larger... and I am interested in what PoR provides late as have not used it despite it being such a famous Aussie Hop... thanks mate 👍

I do also want to try Cluster but in more recent hop acquisitions it was not available... that was for more of a xxxxy thing I believe ; )

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@Tone boy Toner that looks lovely mate - hey - what sort of "flavour-aroma profile" would you suggest the PoR provides late - is it a bit like Melbin Bitter or maybe Crowny or?  I used to like both of those megaswillers - and will one day again have another crack at an Aussie Larger... and I am interested in what PoR provides late as have not used it despite it being such a famous Aussie Hop... thanks mate 👍

I do also want to try Cluster but in more recent hop acquisitions it was not available... that was for more of a xxxxy thing I believe ; )

Hey IP. It is a bit like a Melbourne Bitter. There’s a pub near where I live that has recently put Melbs on tap and it has more of a floral aroma than I remember. I didn’t throw a heap of it in so it’s not a super strong aroma. I’ll definitely chuck more in next time, or a big dry hop which I haven’t done yet with PoR.

Im not very good at describing flavours, just think Aussie lager such as most CUB beers and that’s the thing that it brings. I’m also interested to try the cluster to get a xxxx’y thing going.

Cheers brother 🍻✌️

• Like 3

On 7/30/2022 at 3:01 PM, BlackSands said:

Last of the dark ones - this, a partial-mash based on a Lion Dark Ale can combined with Gladfield Ale malt,  Fuggles and Bramling Cross hops.  

IMG_20220730_172350.jpg

I don't normally comment twice on a post but that glass of beer just looks so appealing. I really want to quaff it right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Hey there @John E Miller JEM this is the 2022 thread as discussed - and funny seeing the last of the thread from last year dunno if I have been able to produce quite anything as good as that Lovely Larger

image.thumb.png.1674b401a1980db0474bd0823ce8d1f6.png

This also looks very appealing yum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1