Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I know what you mean I have a Pale Ale/Dark Ale/Stout all in FV's- one coming out of the brew fridge today (kolsch) & into the keg, so I will be trying to fast carb it as I have been buying megaswill.

Guilty as charged - I've had to resort to the same thing.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mickep said:

Guilty as charged - I've had to resort to the same thing.

When I was just bottling I quite often had a stock of Longnecks usually 10-12 cartons of assorted yumminess but these day I seem to be always waiting for something to ferment/carb etc. 

I will have to unleash a mammoth brewing extravaganza to catch up !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

When I was just bottling I quite often had a stock of Longnecks usually 10-12 cartons of assorted yumminess but these day I seem to be always waiting for something to ferment/carb etc. 

I'm finding things the same. I guess I must be drinking more from the kegs than what I was from bottles. I think that combined with letting the brews ferment/cold crash a little longer now means I'm not producing as quickly.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I'm finding things the same. I guess I must be drinking more from the kegs than what I was from bottles. I think that combined with letting the brews ferment/cold crash a little longer now too means I'm not producing as quickly.

Yeah something's going on I am finding out a 19l Corny Keg doesn't last long, I thought the last couple seemed to empty rather quick, you may be right however re: consumption but comparing that with 2 x cartons of longnecks - it seemed the cartons lasted longer.

The facts are 24 x Longnecks 750ml = 18l so when I was drinking bottles I would stop after 3. Now that I have it on tap I try to tread carefully but it's not working. 🤣

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 4

Coopers Real Ale on the left vs WW Lager on the right! The lager has just reached the 3 week mark, so the the taste test was on last night. My husband prefers the WW lager, and now I have swung around and prefer the Real Ale, which has more substance to it I think. In the FV is a Coopers Pale Ale, so in 3 or 4 weeks we can compare and decide on next flavour directions.

Real vs Lager.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Coopers Real Ale on the left vs WW Lager on the right! The lager has just reached the 3 week mark, so the the taste test was on last night. My husband prefers the WW lager, and now I have swung around and prefer the Real Ale, which has more substance to it I think. In the FV is a Coopers Pale Ale, so in 3 or 4 weeks we can compare and decide on next flavour directions.

It is good to see some photos at last Jenny, Nice colours but add some malt for more body & better head retention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Coopers Real Ale on the left vs WW Lager on the right! The lager has just reached the 3 week mark, so the the taste test was on last night. My husband prefers the WW lager

Well Done, you are on the way to great beer.

Your drinking preferences are the reverse of my house

I like the Real Ale, Wife likes the WW Lager

Enjoy

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am sure some of our Stout Pundits including @Itinerant Peasant @Shamus O'Sean & the ones you mentioned would have an opinion.

It's a bit of a hard one - my most recent chocolatey AG Stout on Nitro was good young - but maybe a bit smoother old - dunno - but I did like it when it was 8 months or so... kept in Keg Fridge the whole time c. 3 degrees... but I did not keep tasting notes early or late... and then again it really depends on personal taste...  and @interceptor as Ceptor notes you might lose some of the taste aspects late that were there early... then there are those who would suggest the Nitro Creaminess also diminishes the taste aspect of the beer rather becoming instead a textural experience and prefer Stout with CO2 -- think Coopers Stout vs Guinness -- both Stouts but very different taste experience I would suggest?

.... at the end of the day - each to their own - but I would suggest that any Stout might become drinkable faster in the keg and that bottles should at least have three weeks to carb and then some time - maybe same again - to sit and think.

The only maxim I would like to suggest is correct and that is: the last beer out the keg is always the best

🤔

(well as long as it wasn't blow out)

Haha probably because after that there is none left?😆

Brewers do just need to experiment and find the sweet-spot re timing that fits prevailing practicalities plus their taste and their favourite clients' taste for each particular brew I guess?

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

On 7/22/2022 at 9:50 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Makes me wonder if it was worth adding the nearly 0.5kg of Carapils.

Maybe consider adding half a kilo of malted wheat @Shamus O'Sean SOS mate... just a thought... I do use quite a bit of wheat across all of my brews in general and I think it helps... just a possible option for consideration mate?

BTW this is as well as not instead of the Cara... 👍

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1