Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

This is now the fourth kveik-fermented brew where I've tested the idea that with this yeast bottled beers maybe condition much quicker than usually associated with other yeast strains.  The first time I tested this idea (AG batch) seemed to suggest this was not the case, though that beer, a Golden ale was certainly good to go at two weeks.   The second such 'experiment' suggested otherwise however.  That partial mash beer -  a porter,  after accelerated carbonation induced by putting the entire bottled batch in my fermentation fridge at 30ºC was perfectly drinkable after 7 days.  Similarly with a dark ale that followed.  And now,  this latest partial-mash English bitter:  I'm tasting this now at just four days in the bottle!   I think carbonation still has a way to go... though this lower carb does actually suit the style,  but more importantly, this is ready to drink now!  Of course it will change over the coming weeks but there's no hint of that familar "green" that I normally associate with young beer.   So, brew day to glass in eight days all up, thanks to Kveik - the perfect yeast for impatient brewers!  😄  Actually, the motive behind this was I wanted to allow my stepson to sample this one. He's here from Germany at the moment and flies back in a few days time so the pressure was on!  Had the same pressure last month when my  daughter visited for a couple of weeks.  Where would I (and the kids) be without Kveik?   🤔🥳

IMG_20220717_171058.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Amber Ale on a Cold late arvo.

Nice looking brew David, I would imagine both of living coastal you would be around 12c, there are a lot of people worse off in colder areas but hey, it's still bloody cold & stuffs up the great outdoors, bring on Spring & then Summer, I am over this cold sh#@*

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice looking brew David, I would imagine both of living coastal you would be around 12c, there are a lot of people worse off in colder areas but hey, it's still bloody cold & stuffs up the great outdoors, bring on Spring & then Summer, I am over this cold sh#@*

Yes, 12c feels like 3.9 and dropping fast!

I'm not too fazed by Winter but just the last few days with the wind.. Yeah i'm over it.

Stop's me getting out on to the Balcony and sitting in the Sun 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:17 PM, RDT2 said:

Another shot

Wow @RDT2 RD what a beautiful thing!

Been to Göttingen and Bebra but never to Eschwege - so this is the first time I have seen the Jacobinus - coooooool!

@RDT2 mate how do you prep the dry Gelatine to add - and when do you add it?  Your advice please?

@BlackSands I think I bothered you Sandy about Gelatine a while ago but never got around to doing it - I think you use it too mate don't you?

It would be nice to try making some clear beer one day ; )

20 hours ago, interceptor said:

Thanks, I am a fan of a big, bitter alcohol tasting stout.

Haha @interceptor Ceptor you would have loved my Christmas 2020 "Black Death" 8.2% IPA which had - all up - something like 250g of hops mostly Columbus and Chinook I had got cheap and needed using up ; )

It was nearly undrinkable to start with -- but as usual a cuppla months later on the last pour it was just.... pourrrrrfect 🥳

image.thumb.png.a367676f5541e2554427c45d0b32f790.png

• Like 10

On 7/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, PintsMeLocal said:

Hide them away Phil, u won't regret. Out of sight, out of mind they say. 

You blokes are waaay too impatient.  Stout needs plenty of time.

My current Stout was bottled 3/9/2021. I've only had about 12 stubbies so far.

Just getting to its peak about now. Will still be good in 12 months  by which time I'll be drinking the last of it.

I'll put a fresh one in the FMV in 4 or 5 months.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

Just getting to its peak about now. Will still be good in 12 months  by which time I'll be drinking the last of it.

Nah my last stout was bottled 26th May & it's awesome, sadly I only have to bottles left, 750ml. It get's better with age but after 4/6/8/10 weeks it is an excellent drink at this time of the year, I don't know how anyone could save it for that long. In fact there wouldn't be too many blokes on here doing it !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

You are So right, I'm/we are too impatient..

I'm going to put two stout's down in Spring to try and get ahead (don't drink stout in warmer times).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You are So right, I'm/we are too impatient..

I'm going to put two stout's down in Spring to try and get ahead (don't drink stout in warmer times).

It's a good plan if you do that as it would be nice when 2 seasons later you have your untouched stout 🤔 ready for you in Winter but I would like to see that 🤣

I could drink a Stout anytime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It's a good plan if you do that as it would be nice when 2 seasons later you have your untouched stout 🤔 ready for you in Winter but I would like to see that 🤣

I could drink a Stout anytime.

Agree, could drink Stout anytime but i leave it for the cooler times.

It's a plan, see how I go.

IMG_9715.thumb.jpg.ede91be7f1dae860ba1e588fafc464d0.jpg

Panic! Lager. Started off as a Pale Ale kit kio and partial with 2 packs of pale ale yeast, after a week i didn't think it was doing too well (temperatures here are about 14c in my brew area) so i threw in a pack of the cooper's lager yeast that comes with the European Lager can. Left it another week and kegged from there. happy with the results.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Stickers said:

Panic! Lager. Started off as a Pale Ale kit kio and partial with 2 packs of pale ale yeast, after a week i didn't think it was doing too well (temperatures here are about 14c in my brew area) so i threw in a pack of the cooper's lager yeast that comes with the European Lager can. Left it another week and kegged from there. happy with the results.

Look's nicely carbed mate, good colour - enjoy.