Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

12 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

You're all a pack of cruel bastards posting in this thread during Dry July

😰😣😣🤤

It's the Greenies, Tree Huggers, Purists, Rock Polishers that endorse this nonsense, who cares, I am not going dry in July or anytime soon.

Why don't they aim that at the smokers - bet to many of those poor saps couldn't go without for a month !!

I do respect those that may be doing it for charitable reasons though.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It's the Greenies, Tree Huggers, Purists, Rock Polishers that endorse this nonsense, who cares, I am not going dry in July or anytime soon.

Why don't they aim that at the smokers - bet to many of those poor saps couldn't go without for a month !!

Dry July is a fund raiser for cancer patients. I've done it once in the past it was tough.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

If a smoker lasted a month, they may as well quit. I sure don't miss the death sticks.

• Like 2

Well this is monumental for me, my first ever AG brew kegged. So far I have only kegged a few k & k brews but this is it.

All of the great help & support from this great forum have made this possible.

I have brewed it AG, fermented it under Temp Control, Cold Crashed it, Kegged it, Fast Carbed it & now just poured it. Yummo.

Tastes divine & I am wrapped, it is also very clear.

20220725_190440.jpg

20220725_190543.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

I agree  malt helps the head for sure.

👍

A can of Coopers Liquid Wheat Malt is worth trying with any Coopers Kit brew too... if you are keen on head, creamy mouthfeel and head retention...  note that it is not pure wheat... mix of barley n wheat malts...

Note but that this is as well as - the kit itself... add the can of liquid malt "wheat" seen as per the below pic:

@jennyss JSS it would be worth a try... with whatever favourite Ale kit you make (suggest not Coopers Lager)

image.thumb.png.6e0c0d7b7a40619a77e9f03227c0027b.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@jennyss just to reiterate the other blokes, using wheat malt has upped my head retention game. I also do kit and kilo like you, with the occasional grain steep amd hop additions. This is a Morgan's amber ale, with caramalt liquid malt extract, and half a tin of wheat liquid malt extract. Just over 2 weeks old

IMG_20220725_145026.jpg

IMG_20220725_150051.jpg

Edited by PintsMeLocal
Extra photo added
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well this is monumental for me, my first ever AG brew kegged. So far I have only kegged a few k & k brews but this is it.

All of the great help & support from this great forum have made this possible.

I have brewed it AG, fermented it under Temp Control, Cold Crashed it, Kegged it, Fast Carbed it & now just poured it. Yummo.

Tastes divine & I am wrapped, it is also very clear.

20220725_190440.jpg

20220725_190543.jpg

Looks fantastic mate lovely creamy head. But what is it? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

@jennyss just to reiterate the other blokes, using wheat malt has upped my head retention game. I also do kit and kilo like you, with the occasional grain steep amd hop additions. This is a Morgan's amber ale, with caramalt liquid malt extract, and half a tin of wheat liquid malt extract. Just over 2 weeks old

IMG_20220725_145026.jpg

IMG_20220725_150051.jpg

That looks a ripper pints. Straight to the top of the class. 
You can sit up the front from now on…👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

That looks a ripper pints. Straight to the top of the class. 
You can sit up the front from now on…👌

Very kind Toner thanks mate. Once again thanks to all you gents

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

COOPERS REAL ALE

This is what I couldn't fit in the keg, bottled 21/06/2022, first pour was a bit heady but it's settled down nicely, comparing this to what I drank in the keg, it is slightly sweeter but finishes with a pleasant bitterness from the Amarillo.

20220725_143349.jpg

And I promise, I only have one bottle a day,  ha, ha . Nice one. Bottled some stout once in some Growlers and left them for some month. Unfortunately the once with the metal lid where flat, but the once with a plastic lid where sooo good. Just seemed to be the right size for this type of beer. Just can't seem to get hold of extra plastic lids, would love to do it again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

I also do kit and kilo like you, with the occasional grain steep amd hop additions.

@PintsMeLocal, Thanks for your info on what works for you. I'm inching closer to adding extras to my K&K. We are a very broad community with what and how we brew.  This makes it interesting. Your Amber Ale looks lovely too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jennyss said:

@PintsMeLocal, Thanks for your info on what works for you. I'm inching closer to adding extras to my K&K. We are a very broad community with what and how we brew.  This makes it interesting. Your Amber Ale looks lovely too.

Agreed and thanks Jenny. Oh and adding hops is also an easy way to improve flavour and head retention 🍻👍

• Like 3