Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

5 hours ago, RDT2 said:

14,007 litres if every batch was 23litres! 

😜  I never thought of it in those terms. 😂

Hang on, that's the one I'm drinking. I have another 6 batches ageing ATM.  😋

Edited by oldbloke
  • Haha 4

2nd taste of my German Kolsch, certainly a lot different to what I have been drinking lately, it is something I wanted to try but I am not really convinced that this is something I would brew regularly, it's clean, crisp, hoppy & of course very drinkable but I guess the full bodied, malty, hazy Pales/IPA's/Dark Ales/Stouts etc have been on my palate for a while. I will have a couple more & re-assess. 😉

707622273_GERMANKOLSCHAGKEGGED26072022.thumb.jpg.e3e3157ca4ce4d8a70be9b1ececc71d4.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, jennyss said:

@Classic Brewing Co, I am curious about the elegant looking glass your Kolsch is in? What is the map on it?

It is a souvenir glass from the FIFA World Cup 2010.

A great glass to drink beer from, I bought it at a Lions Market Sale for 50cents. I would love a dozen of them 🤭  I think one of these just ended as I posted it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175267687993

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175280706424

s-l500.jpg

20220727_075834.jpg

20220727_075855.jpg

20220727_075912.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, RDT2 said:

14,007 litres if every batch was 23litres! 

About 12,500 days.

Sooo,, about 1.1litres a day. 

3 x 375 ml stubbies a day.  All between 3.6 - 2.8 ABV   Is that too much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

About 12,500 days.

Sooo,, about 1.1litres a day. 

3 x 375 ml stubbies a day.  All between 3.6 - 2.8 ABV   Is that too much?

How do you control yourself and drink so Little 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

How do you control yourself and drink so Little 😉

Who's counting ?? I could probably fill the Hoover Dam with what I have consumed over the years, I can remember watching my Old Man & his Brother making beer in the late 60's, I think my first brew was in a plastic garbage bin in 1970, heat control was an electric blanket & cooling was broken up block ice in the bath or wherever the bin would fit, we did use wet towels & fans too.

We have come a long way.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is a souvenir glass from the FIFA World Cup 2010

Unique - I think you have a very good beer glass collection. I can just imagine you going into Vinnies and prowling around!

13 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Unique - I think you have a very good beer glass collection. I can just imagine you going into Vinnies and prowling around!

Ha Ha Jenny, I am the Glassman !! I prowl around in Vinnies/Salvos/2nd Hand shops/Garage Sales - sometimes & you would be surprised at how many bar treasures I have picked up.

I love beer glasses with beer branding on them. There are a couple of old post's of mine "Beer Glasses".

Cheers.

• Like 2

Herewith a better depiction of the lush Amber Sparkly (sadly near to the end of the keg tho 😧)

Tis a nice drop and with the perennial question of whether ageing in keg provides benefit over drinking early - in this case I think it has made a positive difference 👍

image.thumb.png.9a5b3f40dd902c1cff984df1d996b6bf.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Herewith a better depiction of the lush Amber Sparkly (sadly near to the end of the keg tho 😧)

Tis a nice drop and with the perennial question of whether ageing in keg provides benefit over drinking early - in this case I think it has made a positive difference 👍

Certainly a lovely looking drop IP, I am finding it very hard ATM to age anything in a keg, they don't last long enough !!😬

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Certainly a lovely looking drop IP, I am finding it very hard ATM to age anything in a keg, they don't last long enough !!😬

Haha it actually tastes better than it looks 🥳

But I am filled with a terrible sadness as the keg is very light on 😭

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ha Ha Jenny, I am the Glassman !! I prowl around in Vinnies/Salvos/2nd Hand shops/Garage Sales - sometimes & you would be surprised at how many bar treasures I have picked up.

I love beer glasses with beer branding on them. There are a couple of old post's of mine "Beer Glasses".

Cheers.

Think I will start doing that. Often go to OP shops  but haven't looked for beer glasses. 

1 minute ago, oldbloke said:

Think I will start doing that. Often go to OP shops  but haven't looked for beer glasses. 

It's a good way to dress up your Bar, I have heaps of things all in good nick that I have picked up over the years from Beer Steins/glasses/yard glasses/jugs/openers/signs anything with beer branding on. I sell Stubby Holders & Bar Mats so I have collected a lot of those too. BTW, it helps if you are single 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1