Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

17 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Cracked a bottle of my dark saison. It’s not a bad beer. Everything you want in a saison plus some roast with a bit of candied berry type flavours. Probably needs another 6-8 weeks in the bottle for the strong competing flavours to round out. 

9005DFB4-7F4C-4723-9733-DFD75D66CB26.jpeg

What was your grain bill for that lovely purple grape blueberry colour?

• Like 4

Irish Red, well... an NZ Red actually  - but you know what I mean!  

I totally screwed up the mash on this one and ended up adding sugar to compensate partially for the subsequent loss of OG/ABV.  So, because of that I wasn't sure how this would turn out.  At this early stage it's still a little green but I think flavour-wise it'll be OK though seems a bit thin - I suspect ABV probably landed at around 3 - 3.5%.   Colour is good though and it does look quite pretty!   😋

IMG20220804161131~2.jpg

• Like 11

Clayton’s Lager again. It's been in the keg 3 weeks now and just gets better. It’s cleared up very nicely and has all the traits of a nice lager. Clean, no hop flavours and very smashable. Not bad for an experiment. M54 seems to be a good yeast for the job. It shaves a week of fermenting, saves one pack of yeast but regardless of what they say, lagering certainly helps. Love it. 

62AA9F00-E021-4ECE-8AB1-56303DF27916.thumb.jpeg.7e7398fcaa88bffd971de094bccb4ec3.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 10

been away a long time and have been periodically checking in. lots going on in the captains life that no one needs to know about. marriage breakdown, house build contract disputes, 3 mortgages and increasing rate rises, no fishing on the weekend due to wether and the pub across the carpark named regional pub of the year. 

So happy that everyones brewing some awesome beers. @interceptor. you are still welcome come new year, give me some time and I may be able to organise a brewery tour at a fine establishment in Margs.

Love everyones work on here. Will try to get back into being more of a participant soon.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

been away a long time and have been periodically checking in. lots going on in the captains life that no one needs to know about. marriage breakdown, house build contract disputes, 3 mortgages and increasing rate rises, no fishing on the weekend due to wether and the pub across the carpark named regional pub of the year. 

So happy that everyones brewing some awesome beers. @interceptor. you are still welcome come new year, give me some time and I may be able to organise a brewery tour at a fine establishment in Margs.

Love everyones work on here. Will try to get back into being more of a participant soon.

Hey Captain, good to hear from you, been a while, come back soon Cheers.

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Captain, good to hear from you, been a while, come back soon Cheers.

Will try mate. Lots going on over here in the west. haven't brewed beer in ages. Commercial beer aint doing it for me. 

Actually had a great example of a IPA the other day, shout out to Wild Hop brewery in Yallingup WA. I'm a massive fan but this beer was phenomenal.

On the Gin IPA's tonight. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Captain!! said:

Will try mate. Lots going on over here in the west. haven't brewed beer in ages. Commercial beer aint doing it for me. 

Actually had a great example of a IPA the other day, shout out to Wild Hop brewery in Yallingup WA. I'm a massive fan but this beer was phenomenal.

On the Gin IPA's tonight. 

I lived over there from 1979 to 1985, in Perth ( East Victoria Park ) but travelled the entire State from Exmouth to Darwin & right down the guts to every town you can think of, it was a blast. I worked for myself selling promotional products & I still do.

It's a great place I also used to supply Swan Breweries with our gear & drank plenty of Swan Lager & Emu Export.

Cheers & Beers, Phil. 🍻

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I lived over there from 1979 to 1985, in Perth ( East Victoria Park ) but travelled the entire State from Exmouth to Darwin & right down the guts to every town you can think of, it was a blast. I worked for myself selling promotional products & I still do.

It's a great place I also used to supply Swan Breweries with our gear & drank plenty of Swan Lager & Emu Export.

Cheers & Beers, Phil. 🍻

Well there you go.

I was born in 81. Wonder if you met my mum...........

Not much brewed in WA anymore.I mean fluffing Emu export isn't even brewed here these days.

Not that I'm complaining. lagers are horrible. 

Yes I Still on that bandwagon.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Well there you go.

I was born in 81. Wonder if you met my mum...........

Not much brewed in WA anymore.I mean fluffing Emu export isn't even brewed here these days.

Not that I'm complaining. lagers are horrible. 

Yes I Still on that bandwagon.

Yeah I have to admit we have come a long way since those days, I don't recall your Mum but you never no 🤣 tell her I said hi anyway.

Hope everything slot's into to place for you Captain.

I was told Margaret River was the place for Craft Beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1