Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

It got a bit late on Brew Day and lost the sun... but the latest Mozzie Pale -- first cab off the rank after the pipe was cleared of stellarsanfluid -- seems to be glowing in the evening twilight 👍

Bit of Rye and Wheat in there as well as the good old Paleo Malt... and the fruity Mozzie...  seems rather nice should get better only like 30 hours in the keg on the 40-20 rule🙂

image.thumb.png.70406521b5de5d0aad026cb5318b97fd.png

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Multi-Grain, MUST be good for you

25 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Bit of Rye

Thanks @interceptor for historically putting me onto Rye... it can be a bit more troublesome in the Beermaking with the greater protein levels but it really does add a certain level of complexity and bit of festivity to a Brew... Cheers mate!  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's awesome you must have cranked it up a bit, 40 maybe ?

Gash from the Homebrew Network reckons you can carb a keg up in just a few minutes by pushing up the pressure to 40 or so and then rocking it on the floor for a few minutes. I tried and failed of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Gash from the Homebrew Network reckons you can carb a keg up in just a few minutes by pushing up the pressure to 40 or so and then rocking it on the floor for a few minutes. I tried and failed of course. 

I think that was the video I saw, not much point me trying it at this early juncture. I was happy with my Pale Ale at 30psi for 24 hours & then down to 12, 48 hours later it was nice, now a week later it is awesome, then of course the keg blows. 😂

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, MitchBastard said:

Cracked a bottle of the imperial stout I brewed about 3 months ago. I was slightly worried the carbonation wasn’t going to be there as I couldn’t see see any condensation in the neck of the bottle and due to the colour of the thing, couldn’t see any yeast sediment…. Alas she’s come up great. It’s still young and needs more time for flavours to round out but it’s all there….full body, thick brown tinged head that you need a knife and fork to get through, a subdued but definite roast and a firm alcohol warmth. My only gripe is a touch of astringency that’s present but should drop out with some conditioning. 

89EDFB81-07F1-4D16-B9D8-54869D7AF1A3.jpeg

52E1F2B1-C8BB-4626-A9A7-0E46A354A9F3.jpeg

Noice... The Fence-sitter Stout. Encouraged me to lock away my recent stout. Do not open until🎄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1