Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

T.F.I.F    A local brewery that has been putting out some cans more frequently.

Nice coffee burnt toffee , thin on the palate with a midway hopping. Better on tap though. If you're ever in Moss Vale drop into "The Taphouse". they have a beer for every day in the week. Nuff talk ...oysters waiting😋

20220812_155004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Why is it that the beer always tastes better when you know the keg is going to blow ? 😬 

This is the AG recipe from Country Brewer - German Kolsch, it's been in the keg for a month & at first I thought it was a bit ho-hum but each time I pour one, I like it more, right now I could sit here & drink it all night.

I lifted the keg earlier so any day I know what to expect. Probably the same feeling when you go to your box of brews & open the last bottle. 😂

20220812_173243.thumb.jpg.38cd401096cc4bffcce0f8fc5158686b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

each time I pour one, I like it more, right now I could sit here & drink it all night.

That's a bit of Good News @Classic Brewing Co Phil as was a bit surprised to hear that a lovely AG was a bit ordinary...

Maybe it too needed a little more time in its own vessel to sit and think?

Glad it is picking up mate ; )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Why is it that the beer always tastes better when you know the keg is going to blow ? 😬 

This is the AG recipe from Country Brewer - German Kolsch, it's been in the keg for a month & at first I thought it was a bit ho-hum but each time I pour one, I like it more, right now I could sit here & drink it all night.

I lifted the keg earlier so any day I know what to expect. Probably the same feeling when you go to your box of brews & open the last bottle. 😂

20220812_173243.thumb.jpg.38cd401096cc4bffcce0f8fc5158686b.jpg

Looks good, I did their red ale AG kit which turned out well. 

Smoked Porter it’s 3 years old this month and it still tastes good found it in the cupboard🤣 My neighbours over and we worked up the courage to try it. It’s past it’s best but it’s still good can’t believe it and still has a Smokey taste.

17552084-877D-407F-9048-D295917EA03E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

A trusty old Mötley Brëw. I have another full keg of it but I’ll probably put it aside for a bit and use the kegerator spot for something else once the current keg runs out. 

777FF4F0-2C22-4127-AF45-839477F25A32.thumb.jpeg.031b58ce5663508942d96e5ec297bfac.jpeg

Looking good and sounding good, AK.  You have been banging on about this brew for over two years.  However, you have never given us the detailed recipe.  I think it is about time. 

I did my research.  The closest you got was saying it is a SMASH beer with Maris Otter, Vienna and Mosaic hops.  However, the two malts does not really qualify for Single Malt and Single Hop.  So how about spilling the beans?  Or are you saving it for when you open your craft brewery and make it your best seller?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looking good and sounding good, AK.  You have been banging on about this brew for over two years.  However, you have never given us the detailed recipe.  I think it is about time. 

I did my research.  The closest you got was saying it is a SMASH beer with Maris Otter, Vienna and Mosaic hops.  However, the two malts does not really qualify for Single Malt and Single Hop.  So how about spilling the beans?  Or are you saving it for when you open your craft brewery and make it your best seller?

Not much to it actually. It's a pretty simple beer but it's a good drinking beer and good on a hot summer day. It came from a SMASH but as you rightfully pointed out, it no longer is due to using multiple grains. It's still single hop though. What can I say, I like Mosaic hops. As for the name, I looked up synonyms for "mosaic" and one is motley. I guess it is not hard to imagine what popped into my head right away. 

4kg MO
1kg Vienna
10g Mosaic @60 
20g Mosaic @20 
20g Mosaic whirlpool 80C
50g Mosaic dry hop on day 4 for 4 days
US-05 yeast.

Makes 26l

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, oldbloke said:

Yep, I've drank stout about 3 years old. I reckon they are at their best about 18 months. I must stash a couple of stubbies of my current stout.

I had a Stout at 12months that was awesome when I was bottling, don’t think that will ever happen again kegs are too big to lose 🫣 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

I had a Stout at 12months that was awesome when I was bottling, don’t think that will ever happen again kegs are too big to lose 🫣 

My Stout has been in Longnecks since the 6th Aug but in another week I now I will be able to try one on the 20th but as far as storing them - well they may last 4-6 weeks. I agree it is nice to age them but somehow it just doesn't happen at Classic Brewing Co.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My Stout has been in Longnecks since the 6th Aug but in another week I now I will be able to try one on the 20th but as far as storing them - well they may last 4-6 weeks. I agree it is nice to age them but somehow it just doesn't happen at Classic Brewing Co.

Almost finished my current stout brew, next one was bottled on 27/6 so I've got a bit of Age into it.

I'm sure it won't last long..

Not sure if I am in outta space in a parallel universe or has everyone left and I am the only one here - isn't anyone having a beer this arvo?

Ah well - I am - and here is the lovely Multigrain Mozzie - a few days older in the Keggler - Taschtee 🥳

And I guess give me a little longer and I will be in a parallel universe 🙃

image.thumb.png.d90ad3a3b90ff97ba157e368a174688e.png

mmm yes and apologies for the bubbles stuck to the glass walls I probs should soak in perc again 👍

(still tastes pretty good tho)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Almost finished my current stout brew, next one was bottled on 27/6 so I've got a bit of Age into it.

I'm sure it won't last long..

Clearly you blokes need to build additional stocks.

Edited by oldbloke
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

4kg MO
1kg Vienna
10g Mosaic @60 
20g Mosaic @20 
20g Mosaic whirlpool 80C
50g Mosaic dry hop on day 4 for 4 days
US-05 yeast.

This recipe is going straight to the pool room. Thanks AK

Edited by Shamus O'Sean