Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

You did right, as a Berliner 

We won't hold that against you 🙂 

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

...I have to tell you that it is supposed to be sour, any additions during brewing are crafty hipster w..k . You add some sweetness and flavor afterwards with the cordial. Sorry, I grew up on this stuff and when it comes to food and drinks I like the classics (don't fix it if it's not broken)

Cordial or syrup? Can you actually get woodruff stuff here? Haven't come across any and most people don't have the slightest clue what that is. I remember woodruff sherbet and ice cream from when I was a wee lad. It's been a while 🙂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

We won't hold that against you 🙂 

Cordial or syrup? Can you actually get woodruff stuff here? Haven't come across any and most people don't have the slightest clue what that is. I remember woodruff sherbet and ice cream from when I was a wee lad. It's been a while 🙂 

Hey, I am thought off, made, born and breed there, I am not a fake like John F. Kennedy, 😂 .I don't think you can get it here, actually never looked for it. It took me 35 years to figure out what Waldmeister is. I remember candy, just loved the flavor. Just remember the bottles of the green stuff, I am sure it was called Waldmeister Sirup. I think they stopped making it because the preservatives where highly unhealthy (benzoic acid I think). tried to find some seeds here in Oz to plant in my backyard, no luck so far

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was given a bottle of Amber Ale by @DavidM to try, this is well balanced with malty, toffee notes with a citrusy, hop finish.

Well carbonated & easy to drink. I suspect it is the Coopers Family Secret Amber Ale as I have made it before. Very nice & I would rate this highly, well done mate & thank you.

20220816_144441.jpg

Thank's for the feedback Phil, Glad you liked it.

Sadly it's all gone now, will brew again soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Hey, I am thought off, made, born and breed there, I am not a fake like John F. Kennedy, 😂 .I don't think you can get it here, actually never looked for it. It took me 35 years to figure out what Waldmeister is. I remember candy, just loved the flavor. Just remember the bottles of the green stuff, I am sure it was called Waldmeister Sirup. I think they stopped making it because the preservatives where highly unhealthy (benzoic acid I think). tried to find some seeds here in Oz to plant in my backyard, no luck so far

As a born and bred Bavarian, I just have to stir the pot a little 🙂 

To my knowledge, real Waldmeister is actually unhealthy and poisonous, which is why what they sell these days isn't really Waldmeister anymore, it just tastes like it. I wouldn't think you can buy seeds here. It's not a native species and since we already have enough stuff growing that isn't supposed to be here, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a nono. 

I didn't think to look for any when I was over there recently but maybe next time I will investigate the syrup. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

as a Berliner I have to tell you that it is supposed to be sour

I'll still try and remember to post you one, should be done soon.

Edited by interceptor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

ha,ha, the Prussians and the Bavarians. I am always up for a good banter 🤣

And thanks to Ol'Shakey yet again

Julius Caesar Act 3 

Hört mich an! Begraben will ich Cäsar, nicht ihn preisen...

And down the back in the crowd in Oberbayern the ol' Bayer says:

I mog a nett in Preussen begraben sein!

😜

(Preussen pronounced "preissen" by a good Bayer... 😋)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I always been drawn to the Island toasted Coconut Porter, how is its mouthfeel and flavor? I tried twice a Bad Sheppard Choc Coconut Brown Ale and found it quiet thin and disappointing. The Batch Big Kahuna Coconut Brown Ale is not bad so

The Coopers Island Toasted Coconut Porter was a great beer.  My Toasted Coconut Porter is nice but a little thin.  It has an ABV of 4.3% compared to the Coopers recipe which is 5.8%.  I was after an easier drinking dark beer, which I achieved.  It does have a tiny bit of alcohol burn, that immediately disappears as you take a mouthful.  It might be that I slightly overdid the coconut toasting.

All in all, I strongly recommend the Coopers Island Toasted Coconut Porter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think the Admiral would have been proud. Three month in the bottle, one day in the fridge and finished in a whiff.                                   Woodforde's Admiral"s Reserve Kit. Second time I brewed it with the exact same OG, FG and ABV of 5.3% . Always a nice Ale to have in the dungeon

IMG_3153.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This one was a first. Another Woodforde's kit Bure Gold. Cascade and Amarillo hops. And like before, three month in the bottle, one day in the fridge and finished in a whiff. If you order something from Kegland treat yourself to a Woodfordes Or Muntons Craft Range kit for a nice quick brew. My favs are the Nog smooth old Ale and the Black Conckerwood Black Ale. This one here is 4.7% of golden deliciousness. 

IMG_3154.jpeg

• Like 8

First taste of a Guinness AG clone, with 2% lactose for souring. The pour would get it thrown over your head in the Emerald Isle, but I proffered one to SWMBO (who hails from there) and so far she hasn’t knee-capped me, which is nice.

The light brown colour of the head is due to the carbonation with CO2, rather then the N2 blend I have for serving. I’m hoping it will get the white head from the N2. I think so anyway…

The taste seems about right: I just have to wait until the CO2 dissipates and the N2 kicks in. I wish I had chilled the second 10l keg that I used sour mash in so I could compare. 
Reckon I’m on to something here…

On top of that it started to p*ss down here, first time in 6 weeks, so it seems about right to have to Guinness in the rain 🤣🍀

267A21EB-07B1-4901-BBDE-1D964FFA36CE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

First taste of the COOPERS DARK ALE - this is 13 days in the bottle, without the addition of extra Malt, drinking at this age is not normally possible. I know it will get better the longer I leave it but it was only meant to be a fridge filler anyway so I will sneak up on it quietly. 🤭 It is really nice.

20220818_160138.thumb.jpg.5cd1eece7a8850ded5c270278eab0160.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

First taste of the COOPERS DARK ALE - this is 13 days in the bottle, without the addition of extra Malt, drinking at this age is not normally possible. I know it will get better the longer I leave it but it was only meant to be a fridge filler anyway so I will sneak up on it quietly. 🤭 It is really nice.

20220818_160138.thumb.jpg.5cd1eece7a8850ded5c270278eab0160.jpg

Do it all the time with about 500g of LDM or DDM great drop at about 3 or 4 months

1 minute ago, oldbloke said:

Do it all the time with about 500g of LDM or DDM great drop at about 3 or 4 months

I have mentioned this before, I am not that interested in storing bottles for ages & as I said in the post, it was just a quick fridge filler along with a few others brewed the same time. I keg as well so the bottles to me are purely back up stock.

The extra Malt allows you to do this as a Grain addition does but I am trying to focus mainly on AG brewing & kegging.

The other thing is at Phil's Bar & Grill, nothing lasts very long around here !!

• Haha 2