Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

3 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Seriously I was joking the whole time. I don't care what time it is when I have a beer, we have all been camping, fishing, out with the boys - no one to tell you it's too early. 😀🍻

I knew ya was joking Phil  ,    I am sure Pale man hasnt got upset with you, they usually build them tough in wyalla

beer is the nector of the goods 

after all drinking beer is alot healthier for you then being dead

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

when I was 18 and didn't work for almost a year I was drinking at 11 in pubs cant say I remember seing and thing like that 🤪 didn't know where I was half time until ended up at hungry jacks in Bourke St mall Melbourne.

Y&J's had it in the main bar, before they moved Chloe upstairs. 😄 Maybe after but I was drinking elsewhere by that time. Early openers up top of Elizabeth had it. Also coupe of pubs down the Spencer street end, including the topless bar.

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

when I was 18 and didn't work for almost a year I was drinking at 11 in pubs cant say I remember seing and thing like that 🤪 didn't know where I was half time until ended up at hungry jacks in Bourke St mall Melbourne.

The city was my playground in my younger days as well as down the Bay, always something happening, heaps of Pubs, I too remember getting lost on the way home. 

• Haha 1

Ran for an hour in the afternoon sun to earn this!  A first sampling of my latest Amber Ale -  a voss fermented, low carb/ABV brew.  I reckon I nailed the colour - even if I do say so myself!  Tastes pretty good too, though carbonation is a bit lacking....  maybe a few more weeks will sort that out.    

MorilloAmber_Feb2021.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

Y&J's had it in the main bar, before they moved Chloe upstairs. 😄 Maybe after but I was drinking elsewhere by that time. Early openers up top of Elizabeth had it. Also coupe of pubs down the Spencer street end, including the topless bar.

for people not familiar young and Jackson's as abbreviated was where a lot of Tasmanian people hung out. Even though we're my country folk they were to upper class for me. ever drop into the down under bar Bourke St next to maccas? it's rebel sport now that was my water hole had Chinese food in with it. If wanted to be sick ate the chicken they re fried from day before and didn't store properly over night. 

Never found the topless Bar only the crazy horse on Elizabeth St after missing the last train back to SE one Friday night 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

The city was my playground in my younger days as well as down the Bay, always something happening, heaps of Pubs, I too remember getting lost on the way home. 

My younger days and miss-spent youth are long gone.  Back then I didn't need to remember my way home because my horse did.  Just had to remember to get on the right horse.🐎

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iBooz2 said:

My younger days and miss-spent youth are long gone.  Back then I didn't need to remember my way home because my horse did.  Just had to get on the right horse.🐎

Yep I never had a horse but sometimes you would forget if you took the car or not or worse still remember where you parked it - The Good Old Days. 🚔 Gone now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

for people not familiar young and Jackson's as abbreviated was where a lot of Tasmanian people hung out. Even though we're my country folk they were to upper class for me. ever drop into the down under bar Bourke St next to maccas? it's rebel sport now that was my water hole had Chinese food in with it. If wanted to be sick ate the chicken they re fried from day before and didn't store properly over night. 

Never found the topless Bar only the crazy horse on Elizabeth St after missing the last train back to SE one Friday night 😉

Even though we're my country folk they were to upper class for me

The bar under Bourke was The Eureka Stockade back when I frequented such places - could choose your own steak and cook it. There was no Maccas in those days. 😄 The Spencer st with topless downstairs was the Savoy Hotel - I think later it became the upgraded posh Savoy Hotel or similar and entrance was around the corner in Lt Collins

How long did you spend in Crazy Horse? Did they provide the overcoat or was it BYO? 😄 😄 

Y&J's was too upper class? In the MAIN bar? Jeez! Upstairs I can understand but in the corner bar??? 😄

If you were 'country folk' did you stay at the Vic in Lt Collins? 

Edited by Journeyman

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I think i just found my goto brew. Really delicious and refreshing. Sorry guys and girls I'm having a moment. 

20210217_090532.jpg

I do like an good Pilsner when they come together well.  So far only done K&K batches and cannot wait to test my AG skills on some of these soon.

Looked through brew day what ya got thread and nothing posted re your recipe, 😪.  Would you care to share or is it a @Hoppy81-carnation and he would kill you if you did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Journeyman I meant to say the Tasmanians being the folk from my country since we treated as outsiders. Only ever went in y & j a few times but remember the beers were about a dollar more than anywhere else and offered more imports. I mean more than any where else in city for a pot/ scooner of vb or draught.

Might have been different when u went there but was considered fancy compared to under bar where all workers were illegals paid cash owened  by old Chinese Melbourne mayor John soe.

You knew you would pay top dollar at the elephant and wheelbarrow if had a pint of import but when it was made a killometer away geeze. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Might have been different when u went there but was considered fancy compared to under bar where all workers were illegals paid cash owened  by old Chinese Melbourne mayor John soe.

Allegedly was left out of that statement.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Allegedly was left out of that statement.

yes sorry I allegedly knew people who.worked there so knew it first hand the allegations were true.

Glad this post in everything else section lol what a turn

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1