Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

18 hours ago, lickedthestamp said:

Will be interesting to see the difference the Muzzy MethodTM will make to the next brew which should be ready to drink by next weekend👍

Now before all you lot get serious about using the Muzzy MethodTM  I just need to let you all know that I am @MUZZY 's sole managing agent and all funds need to be sent to me directly.

I accept cash, EFT, credit cards (except American Express), PayPal and whole Bit Coin.  Sorry After Pay is not yet available.  The funds directed to me will be carefully and properly invested into the stock market to fund Muzzy's early retirement.  Whereas if paid direct to Muzzy then he will just negative gear it on the tote or a bookie and I will miss out on my rightful commission.

The above is non-negotiable.😜

• Haha 6

I'm noy saying I would recommend this, but tonight I made a michelada. Someone made this for me in Mexico a couple of years ago, and I thought it was a waste of a good beer. Nevertheless, tonight I had a go at making it just for fun, and quite enjoyed it. 

Ingredients as shown, chilli powder and salt crusting the rim of the glass. Beer is Cooper's Canadian Blonde.  

20210208_173345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John E Miller said:

I'm noy saying I would recommend this, but tonight I made a michelada. Someone made this for me in Mexico a couple of years ago, and I thought it was a waste of a good beer. Nevertheless, tonight I had a go at making it just for fun, and quite enjoyed it. 

Ingredients as shown, chilli powder and salt crusting the rim of the glass. Beer is Cooper's Canadian Blonde.  

20210208_173345.jpg

can't have been a waste ofgood beer if you had ago at making that  red liquid, so ya must have like it.  otherwise why would ya putyaself through that again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@John E Miller  I had a couple of those a few years ago at 'Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant' years ago, we were a bit liquored up at the time but it gave the kick you needed, better than after dinner mints. It is not for the faint hearted. It was otherwise known as a Mexican Bloody Mary, but it packed a punch. ! Cheers.

• Like 2

This is just a 3.7 litre batch I made as a big yeast starter to reactivate some kveik from the dregs of a few bottles. 

Not bad to drink - just an extract batch based on "The Hoff" Coopers recipe, with 10g of Magnum boiled for 20 min in 1kg dry malt extract. 

It has a tart kind of citrus character - I'm not sure if that's from the Voss kveik or from the Magnum hops

20210208_171546.jpg

Edited by John E Miller
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, John E Miller said:

This is just a 3.7 litre batch I made as a big yeast starter to reactivate some kveik from the dregs of a few bottles. 

Not bad to drink - just an extract batch based on "The Hoff" Coopers recipe, with 10g of Magnum boiled for 20 min in 1kg dry malt extract. 

It has a tart kind of citrus character - I'm not sure if that's from the Voss kveik or from the Magnum hops

20210208_171546.jpg

Hey John, that's a great colour, bet it taste's nice, Cheers.

• Like 1

not a great pic first pour added hop tea to keg instead of in brew before cold crashed very cloudy. Good head retention but under carbonated for only 6 days on 14 psi but very nice. Aus pale ale with 1.5kg Light liquid malt 21.5 litres but then 800ml hop tea 25 gram eclipse 12 min steep made beer tad watery will half hop tea next time and add days before CC

20210209_185816.jpg

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 4

GCL that i sort of turned into a pilsner with a sazz hop tea boil was only 25 grams for 15 min then 15 for 10 steep probably didn't get that much bitterness out of it but at 23 days in keg very nice. I had to check both these kegs tonight for progress but now leaving until 27th Feb when have party for my kid b day. Update from pale ale post the missus who only likes vb liked the undercarbonated eclipse pale ale 🍻

20210209_200933.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2021 at 1:55 PM, Tone boy said:

Nice work @Pale Man PM. Glad your really happy with it - what a great result.
What hops you got in that bad boy if you don’t mind sharing? About to embark on a lager myself and looking for some inspiration! 

45 grams of Halleratue Mittlefrue at 50 mins.

35 grams of Halleratue Mittlefrue at 20 mins.

She's no hop bomb for sure. Not about hops here but tasting Pilsner Malts in true traditional without being too sweet. 

The Toffee Malt darkened a bit, next time I'll just go 100 percent Pilsner and bitter a bit more. Some Floral hops at flame out would kick her up. I'm working on it.

• Thanks 1