Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

13 minutes ago, James Lao said:

GB you are the lyrical gangster!!🤣👍

Hahahaaha Jimmy Brewmaster 

Extraordinary
Juice like a strawberry.
Money to burn baby, all of the time
Cut to fit is me
Fit to cut is she
Come juggle with me, I say every time

• Haha 3

I actually like this one. Colloquially known as Pam, the Pacific Ale Midstrength. The first batch didn't quite taste and smell right, although I was told it's all good. I think I actually got a little infection in that batch, as what I thought was a "thin and watery" taste, actually turned out to be sour, once it had matured a bit. When it's young, it has a bit of a harsh bitterness to it but it mellows out after an extra week. In the end, it still has more body than most of the full strength mega swill. I think this one will feature frequently on my to do list. 

File_000.thumb.jpeg.a2258a2c683c2c00b8e82369f4aeb6ef.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi @jamiek86 Yeah it's great, I only have to work out the front door in the courtyard, open the fridge for the FV ( in the wee room on the right ) plonk it on the outside bar, sit down with a beer & bottle in the fresh air . According to my calculations 31 x P.E.T. bottles @ 740ml x 31 =22.94000 litres. When I was bottling there was a nice look about the brew just hope in 2-3 weeks I am rewarded. 

Cheers.

BOTTLING.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

For now a nice Furphy, just finished bottling 31 x PET's Coopers Australian Pale Ale

Nice looking beer @Graubart  

FURPHY.jpg

like the colour of the coopers Australian pale ale mate, i hope that really conditions well and  serves you better that that furphy

Its one beer  that i cant overly drink to much of  the furphy , not sure what it is about it though i dont like whether its to malty

anyway great looking beer

Hefeweizen w Mandarina Bavaria... W3068 a beautiful thing (thanks @Greeny1525229549 Greeny for yeast revitalisation coaching!)  And am very much thinking this beer is actually much nicer out of the bottle.... the keg was great don't get me wrong... but bottle is just one step better 🤔

Few hop floaties in this one... musta been the last bottle out of the FV ; )

Commando does better for flavour but does mean you can get some floaties... tho the earlier bottles had less.

image.thumb.png.bbb258f921b5aa7e8d4e127ed268635b.png

@Tone boy TB another different glass for you mate - I especially got out "the Gutmann" haha!  ; )

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Popo said:

What do you get flavour wise from the Mandarina, mate? 

Looks great BTW.

A little of grapefruit bitterness and then a sort of citra-citrusy-mandarine maybe floral tone...  I find these things hard to describe accurately Popo... but it does smell floral and just is lovely to drink I guess ?  This last bottle has a few too many hop floaties for my liking in general haha but earlier bottles were not so bad haha!  But after having drunk a commercial Bavarian immediately prior - my faith in my Brewery's HW is actually somewhat restored... was a bit down on me Wheats recently... and then after the Weihenstephaner HW... am thinking I really am not that far from the Truth ; )

Tho i think the Hefeweizen purists would suggest I have overhopped this Wheat Beer... but I believe us Brewers need to be free spirits and not hemmed in by the BJCP haha!  🥳

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, BlackSands said:

Deja vu: I can't think of a better way to offset the positive calorie-burn benefits of a long sweaty run in the heat of the afternoon sun... 

I put this Voss-fermented brew aside... wasn't quite doing it for me.  I beer modelled on an English Best Bitter but uncharacteristically dosed up with Nelson and Motueka failed to hit the mark.   As is often the case it's now better after another month or so but the expected hop buzz never really happened.  Still, it's guilt-free, cold, and it's beer so....

PostRun2.jpg

Beer looks awesome. Cant say the same for your socks. They need to go in the wash 😝

20210207_194359.thumb.jpg.e31e4c7bb4f8aa9b84183385101056f2.jpg

Beer O'Clock Session IPA. First cold crashed brew for me, pretty happy with the clarity (though the pic isn't really doing it justice). However has taken abour 3.5 weeks for the carbonation to get to a reasonable level, using the standard 2 carbonation drops that I had used previously. Will be interesting to see the difference the Muzzy MethodTM will make to the next brew which should be ready to drink by next weekend👍

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lickedthestamp said:

20210207_194359.thumb.jpg.e31e4c7bb4f8aa9b84183385101056f2.jpg

Beer O'Clock Session IPA. First cold crashed brew for me, pretty happy with the clarity (though the pic isn't really doing it justice). However has taken abour 3.5 weeks for the carbonation to get to a reasonable level, using the standard 2 carbonation drops that I had used previously. Will be interesting to see the difference the Muzzy MethodTM will make to the next brew which should be ready to drink by next weekend👍

Loos like an honest beer. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

Loos like an honest beer. Cheers.

It's pretty good! Not too happy and crystal wheat used in this one so doesn't have the lingering sweetness of crystal malt that I have used previously in the Fair Drinkum pale ale. If I do the FD again I would definitely substitute the crystal malt for the crystal wheat and see if that improves things 👍

• Like 1