Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Just now, Hairy said:

easy drinking session beer.

... I guess that since going to the AG side of the brewing world I am no longer an easy drinking session beer person anymore? 😬

Maybe one day I might find my way back or be forced to go back there...  but if so... would hope I could brew it myself with a bit more "colour, form and movement" ; )

13 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Yeah @jamiek86 and @CLASSIC if you were going to drink that beer with other self-made brews... you'd want to drink it first before the other good full bodied stuff...  not the other way around!  🤔

ummmmm   not necessarily   why would you taint your tastebuds  on a lashes then go  the finer beers you made..

if i want my mates  to taste good beer i am not going to serve them a lashes   i would serve them  my finest homebrew  so they get the best taste of them and not getting confused becuase of the lashes they had previously..

i like a good session beer and they should be very easy on the pallette  that you can comfortable drink all day long

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i like a good session beer and they should be very easy on the pallette  that you can comfortable drink all day long

Haha OzD mate... easy on the palate - yep - that is the GBMB Graubart Mountain Brewing Summer Ale... it is supremely easy drinnnnngggkin but has a fairly hefty 6.7% ABV bite in its tail so has to be treated with a little caution ; )  Had a session with some mates yesterday and the lovely female partner of one - who picked the lads up - reckoned she was very happy with it - but stuck to just the one with having to head back out on the road for the 40kms back to their base ; )

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, CLASSIC said:

Just can't help myself, I could have had a Diablo IPA that I made 3 weeks ago but decided to go to Thirsty Camel for a six pack & they still have these for 3 for $17.00 + Free Glass ( at the Highway Hotel anyway ) so I can live with that. 

Cheers

17.jpg

That’s a good buy with a free glass @CLASSIC

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

My Mr Beer Diablo IPA is tasting better by the day, now 3 weeks in the bottle, if I keep trying 1 every week it will be gone before its finished. 😬

But wait, there are heaps more batches backing up of all sorts of goodies.

20210213_153047.jpg

i love the colour of your i.p.a   Phil     looks clear    and i tell ya  you will make a brewer out of yourself yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sunday Arvo Festival of Wheat - Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen Bottle Conditioned on Left - my W3068 HW w late Mandarina Bavaria on Right..  Think that the purists would suggest that mine is way too Mandarina-Bavaria-ish to be true to style...  but I think it tastes great 🥳... The colour is also affected (mine) by amount of yeast - much less yeast in WSteph...  and could amp up the Munich or a bit of Vienna malt to make more amber-ish if desired... come what may... the ol' wheat does make for a very refreshing Sundee Arvo Brew ; )

image.thumb.png.27d438c9207301e45e5d613695bb77c2.png

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Sunday Arvo Festival of Wheat - Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen Bottle Conditioned on Left - my W3068 HW w late Mandarina Bavaria on Right..  Think that the purists would suggest that mine is way too Mandarina-Bavaria-ish to be true to style...  but I think it tastes great 🥳... The colour is also affected (mine) by amount of yeast - much less yeast in WSteph...  and could amp up the Munich or a bit of Vienna malt to make more amber-ish if desired... come what may... the ol' wheat does make for a very refreshing Sundee Arvo Brew ; )

image.thumb.png.27d438c9207301e45e5d613695bb77c2.png

looks great  and love the setting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Uh oh the Summer Ale Keg has blown... was good... will do another of similar ilk... seems to have been a bit of a 'crowd favourite' so will do something similar again ; )

image.thumb.png.c42d00076b829d1679e03e3f6c4e3bb6.png

crowd favourites  are good thing but it means they are bludging of ya   lol

looks nice

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

crowd favourites  are good thing but it means they are bludging of ya   lol

looks nice

Haha don't worry they are helping me out with all sorts of other shittttt that I canna do.... team effort... and I am happy to compensate for their help with excellent brews!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Graubart said:

Haha don't worry they are helping me out with all sorts of other shittttt that I canna do.... team effort... and I am happy to compensate for their help with excellent brews!!!

thats great then good way of getting free beer lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

thats great then good way of getting free beer lol

I reckon it is gold... they help me with all sorts of other shittttt I can't do... and they love true blue GB Mountain Brewing Rainwater All Grain... when they mostly drink Meggggaswilllage... so I canna complain hey!?! 🥳

• Like 2

Back on the skanky Saazy Boi Vienna Lager... not sure why I have been a bit "down" on this beer... is pretty bllllllardy good... definitely suffers from Chill Haze...  not so sure why I I have copped this in this particular brew... 🤔

Similar malts to the Summer Ale...  Vienna - Munich - Maris Otter- Wheat... cos that was available in the Brewery Malted Grain stores... but this Saazy Boi with Dubbya 34 (what a great yeast hey @MitchBastard Mitchie?!)  and is taschty.

As usual.. the last cuppla pints outta the keg will the best haha!  😬

image.thumb.png.9c354718d7bd47fe489fcd3703384425.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1