Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

On 2/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, CLASSIC said:

Prost Kumpel

3 for $10 at Liquor Land, awesome.

20210208_142818 (2).jpg

The price is good, the beer, well, let's say it isn't the most popular beer over there 🙂 Prost anyway. I distinctly remember Henninger Karamalz, an alcohol free malt beer we could buy in kindy for the equivalent of a whopping 50c. Back in the early 70s, that was a pretty penny for us kids. You could buy a 3 pack of Maoam chewy lollies for it but having a "beer" was just so much cooler. Yep, us Bavarians were trained for beer consumption from an early age on 😂

• Haha 1

I agree the beer is not as good as some,  the price fits in with my budget as others do, however there are lots of other beers out there. 

I have a Mercedes Benz taste on a Mini Minor budget these days due to retirement in March 2020, however a few sales still come my way & that changes things. 

I have had good luck with most of my home brews to date,  so at least that's something. 

Cheers 

Phil 

• Like 3

IMG_6824.thumb.jpg.0f6e43b18a17656f7dc38ce43fb79bc5.jpg

2 row pale i bottled on new year's day, finished most of the batch mid january but kept a couple for tasting down the track. tonight's as good a night as any. still really happy with this.

(aus pale kit and kilo with 1kg 2 row partial addition, citra hops)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

No mate, I do the graphics/Artwork for the Stubby Coolers etc & it gets emailed to the printer. Have heaps of photos. 

20190629_111338.jpg

nice work! booze is about 25% of my workload.. custom labels is a bit of a growth area at the moment, especially wedding 'gifts'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_6824.thumb.jpg.0f6e43b18a17656f7dc38ce43fb79bc5.jpg

2 row pale i bottled on new year's day, finished most of the batch mid january but kept a couple for tasting down the track. tonight's as good a night as any. still really happy with this.

(aus pale kit and kilo with 1kg 2 row partial addition, citra hops)

Penfolds Grange Bin 91

I wish.

16129455758568519884697026996046.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stickers said:

just chatting with the parents via text and apparently mum likes a portagaf. sounds like a stout shandy.. i'm closer to 50 than 40 and never heard of this!

a portagaf is stout and lemonade so in a sense its a shandy  portagaf is an australian term as well

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stickers said:

just chatting with the parents via text and apparently mum likes a portagaf. sounds like a stout shandy.. i'm closer to 50 than 40 and never heard of this!

Yep it’s stout and lemonade. I only heard of it a couple of years ago and I’m 50+

• Like 1

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Hello we are old blokes, we know all of them & more. 😄

who ya calling old lol i am only sweat 21 lol

keep telling yaself that OZD

i am only 49 and these guys my own age have no clue  about these kinda drinks

i  thought the real young tackers wouldnt know but if ya 45+ ya should have heard of them before

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i  thought the real young tackers wouldnt know but if ya 45+ ya should have heard of them before

i still try and learn something new everyday. this forum has assisted that greatly!

to somewhat get this thread back on track after i derailed it a bit... now onto the cooper's english bitter. thinking that next time i make this i might pop in a can of the amber malt liquid

IMG_6825.thumb.jpg.72712f2614467319ef406d775c8f9e76.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1