Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Well I suppose in my youth working as a front barman/cook/drink waiter/bouncer etc exposed me to all of the pub scene goings on. Travelling most of my life over our great continent calling on Hotels & anything that had a liquor sign hanging over it added to my knowledge of drinks & their origins. I found it fascinating to see the variations in different states.

I still enjoy almost everything & I think we are lucky to be able to produce in our homes whatever we want to drink.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

It's sacrilege - it's like putting coke in a scotch, however, only my opinion. 😂 

In some parts of Germany, they drink a "Drecksack" (dirt bag), coke and beer! Usually Pilsener is the beer of choice but sometimes they use Alt. In case of the latter, it's referred to as a "Krefelder", Krefeld being a town in north western Germany, not far off Duesseldorf, where the Alt originates from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And excuse me since it is not out of Bayern @Aussiekraut AK but I will stick to my Lüttje Lage.  Rather than a Drecksack (haha gold)...

Did spend a bit of time in Hannover (with my apologies haha for not being in Bayern)...

But one Scnäppsle would be enough don't really need four now do we... 

image.thumb.png.3a4ac4eecb666b1b2ea7883846877036.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

In some parts of Germany, they drink a "Drecksack" (dirt bag), coke and beer! Usually Pilsener is the beer of choice but sometimes they use Alt. In case of the latter, it's referred to as a "Krefelder", Krefeld being a town in north western Germany, not far off Duesseldorf, where the Alt originates from.

I have seen this called a Diesel in Australia.

I remember drinking red wine and Fanta in Spain. It was great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Talking of dodgy German schnapps, anyone come across this ?

talk about shrivelling the hairs on your ar** just sniffing it 🤪

Ratzeputz.... yes @stquinto mate terrible stuff... causes me to shiver when I see the label... I thought I had done my time in life and hoped to never see it again 😬

Celle is not that far from Hannover...  

Had a mate a few years ago that used to make Chilli Vodka... suspect after being retrained on that, the ol' Ratzeputz might not be that bad after all 🥳

Edited by Graubart
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Ratzeputz.... yes @stquinto mate terrible stuff... causes me to shiver when I see the label... I thought I had done my time in life and hoped to never see it again 😬

Celle is not that far from Hannover...  

Had a mate a few years ago that used to make Chilli Vodka... suspect after being retrained on that, the ol' Ratzeputz might not be that bad after all 🥳

You want chilli vodka? I still have half a bottle I made with 3 fully grown yellow Bhut Jolokias. The stuff is so hot, you have to cut it with at least the same amount of extra vodka to make it even remotely consumable 🙂 Using a couple of chocolate habaneros per bottle on the other hand makes a nice, albeit rather hot mixer for juices and stuff. I always wanted to make a reaper vodka but after the Bhut experiment I thought better of it 🙂 Besides, I haven't grown any hot chillies in a couple of years. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Is that a poor man's sangria? (like vodka, kahlua and coke is a poor man's black Russian?)

It’s a type of Tinto de Verano.

They sometimes have it on tap. I think I was in Seville.

I tried to replicate it home but it doesn’t work with Cab Sav.

Dropped in to see a mate and took him a couple of tasters... a bottle aged Dubbya 34 Pils and some tasty US05 Summer Ale... he was pretty happy with the brews but favoured the Ale.  Immediately thereafter he pulled out a Fifty Lashes... which then honestly from both of us - seemed utterly tasteless in comparison🤔

image.thumb.png.664bb5867741da1d3a19de58e6af24f8.png

• Like 6