Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

6 hours ago, GregT5 said:

@John E Miller Parity Amber Ale is in the Recipe Section. It was a Recipe of the Month years ago. 

Yes.  But our version added a Crystal Grain steep plus doubled the dry hop.  I do not remember exactly what variations @stquinto settled on, though.  Take a Coopers recipe for inspiration and make it better I say.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John E Miller said:

Who gave you the right to enjoy so many beautiful things at once? 

What is a parity ale? And where are you?

Mate, we’re in Switzerland and managed to get away skiing to the Alps for a few days. All you can get is take out food and drinks but I planned ahead and filled the car with home brew for the “after ski” session.

The parity ale is one of the recipes and Shamus suggested a tweak to the recipe - worked a treat. I’ll post it from my notes when I get home

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Graubart said:

Goodness me @stquinto I am gunna hafta work very very hard to try to catch up to that sort of beautiful Beerography !?!  ... after Easter.

(Beerography = Beer Photography.... happy with that definition  @MitchBastard Mitchie?)

Am with @John E Miller John on this one.... WTF are you !?!  Great photo - and what style and where is the Wurst/Salami from? 😀

Sounds like a good definition: beerography. I looked through my phone and that’s all there is, along with pictures of steak for some reason. 
The wurst is from the local butcher, can’t remember what but it has a smokey pork flavour to it. Goes great with the beer - the hops complement the smokey taste

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

The wurst is from the local butcher, can’t remember what but it has a smokey pork flavour to it. Goes great with the beer - the hops complement the smokey taste

Seems a logical connexion haha @stquinto  ; )      Wurst und Brot und Bier!

Thanks to the encouragement and guidance of this Site's mighty @Green Blob Green Blob I have finally found myself making some pork cured products as well as the beer now 😋

Some crackin' stuff over on the All things Salumi thread 

image.thumb.png.3c8db424a099cb56b73d76ecbc4ff782.png

• Like 4

Partial 10 CMFF IPA

My usual brew with Maris Otter, Munich and caramalt, LDME and wheat DME

This time used Coopers pale ale can instead of the lager - think this is why it’s a bit darker than normal.

First time using Falconers Flight and I am bloody liking it!

Plays very nice with the Citra and Mosaic.

Initially thought the FF was a bit flowery for my tastes but is singing now at 7 days in the keg!!

Only dry hopped for 24 hours before CCing so hop aromas are maybe a bit muted, still had enough in the late boil to shine through.

It is nice and balanced though - bloody yum!

Photo doesn’t do it justice!!

Cheers legends

James

294C88A8-0BF9-4514-89D5-672F5A05C93E.jpeg

C225427D-A2C4-41AE-9B0F-8C4E51C671CC.jpeg

Edited by James Lao
  • Like 8

On 2/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Graubart said:

Seems a logical connexion haha @stquinto  ; )      Wurst und Brot und Bier!

Thanks to the encouragement and guidance of this Site's mighty @Green Blob Green Blob I have finally found myself making some pork cured products as well as the beer now 😋

Some crackin' stuff over on the All things Salumi thread 

image.thumb.png.3c8db424a099cb56b73d76ecbc4ff782.png

Mate......you know what would go well with this? A god damn saison!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still very young but quite tasty already. A take on a hefe weizen, using wheat, Pilsener, Vienna and a little light crystal malt, hopped with Tettnanger for bittering and Mandarina Bavaria for aroma and flavour. Brewed with MJ Bavarian Wheat yeast. It needs to mature a little more but is a very drinkable beer. Head formation and retention aren't that great yet but another couple of weeks should fix that.

File_000.thumb.jpeg.ca4ae2ab4ae6727d4e27e63e0a3b0ac2.jpeg

• Like 12