Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

A take on a hefe weizen,

Will be great to see how it develops AK!

In the meantime... your brew in the beautiful Wasserburg HW glass (very nice glass Cobber) nearly looks like it is Kristall... did you not stir up the yeast before decanting into glass or were you in a hurry for a Bier? 😉

How much Tettnang did you use for bittering and how much Mandarina?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Will be great to see how it develops AK!

In the meantime... your brew in the beautiful Wasserburg HW glass (very nice glass Cobber) nearly looks like it is Kristall... did you not stir up the yeast before decanting into glass or were you in a hurry for a Bier? 😉

How much Tettnang did you use for bittering and how much Mandarina?

I did indeed not swirl it up 🙂 25g Tettnang @60, 20g Mandarina whirlpool, 30g Mandarina dry hop.

Innit a nice glass? Got that on one of my visits. You can take the Bavarian out of Bavaria but you cannot take Bavaria out of the Bavarian 🙂 I may no longer (legally) be German but I will always be Bavarian.

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I did indeed not swirl it up 🙂 25g Tettnang @60, 20g Mandarina whirlpool, 30g Mandarina dry hop.

Innit a nice glass? Got that on one of my visits. You can take the Bavarian out of Bavaria but you cannot take Bavaria out of the Bavarian 🙂 I may no longer (legally) be German but I will always be Bavarian.

Truly Spoken!!!  Zum anfang a Bayer sei immer a Bayer?   See I wouldn't say that as I think I am from Mittelfranken 😋

Oki Doki - I did something similar with my last HW which turned out nice - but I commando dry hopped and so there were floaties in my bottles - think I would do the hop sock next time... but the Manda Bavaria has nice aromatic tones to it which seem to go well with the HWs don't you think mate?

3 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Truly Spoken!!!  Zum anfang a Bayer sei immer a Bayer?   See I wouldn't say that as I think I am from Mittelfranken 😋

Oki Doki - I did something similar with my last HW which turned out nice - but I commando dry hopped and so there were floaties in my bottles - think I would do the hop sock next time... but the Manda Bavaria has nice aromatic tones to it which seem to go well with the HWs don't you think mate?

Or as we'd say: oamoi a Bayer, imma a Bayer 🙂

Yeah, the Mandarina goes well with Hefes I think. A little off the tradition but it is subtle enough I think. The yeast throws the clove flavours it is supposed to, bitterness is low as per style and the sweetness is right as well. Pretty good but I think I may have undercarbed it a bit. did my usual 2.6-2.7vols but should have gone for 3.4 or so. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

It's my home town I left almost 40 years ago 🙂 

So did you come to Australia to learn to Home Brew?  Certainly wouldn't have been for the commercial beer available in the Pubs... 😉

Mmmm.... besides Coopers of course!

Edited by Graubart

39 minutes ago, Graubart said:

So did you come to Australia to learn to Home Brew?  Certainly wouldn't have been for the commercial beer available in the Pubs... 😉

Mmmm.... besides Coopers of course!

I did learn about home brewing down here. For the first time 20 odd years ago, in earnest about two and a half years ago 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Yer'd probably be better off drinking the shampoo and washing your hair with that bottle of stuff you got in the picture Jamie?!  🥳

nah mate MB is the best of megaswill more taste than any of it. Occasionally I need to drink from bottle shop to let my lagers age my town is limited in what has. I also wasn't sure how much of keg would go at party last night and got this as backup. Let's just say a few tired cranky guests I have more of kegs left than I thought I would 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

wasn't sure how much of keg would go at party last night and got this as backup

Used to do a bit of MB years ago ; )

Didja get a few takers for the keg at the Party last night mate?  What brew were you pouring?

24 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Used to do a bit of MB years ago ; )

Didja get a few takers for the keg at the Party last night mate?  What brew were you pouring?

Yes most people who usually drink beer thought it was nice. Had a GCL with sazz  hop tea and eclipse pale ale on tap. Surprisingly people who would normally like megaswill lager went for the pale. Only one other person who drinks boags premium drank the lager with me. After filling up on pizza most people only had 3 or 4 glasses and went home so more for me I guess 🍻

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

You can actually buy Shower Beer Holders, but you would need to place it out of range of the shower head. 😟

Or use one of these... but make sure the Lid is down when you are not drinking 🥳

image.thumb.png.08f50170456a7ae1cf76ba78f7896f5e.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Graubart said:

Or use one of these... but make sure the Lid is down when you are not drinking 🥳

image.thumb.png.08f50170456a7ae1cf76ba78f7896f5e.png

4 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Graubart and make sure it hasn't got a spike on it and dont slip

Wouldn't want to land on this one, that'would bring a tear to your eye, that's for sure...

IMG_0384.jpg

• Haha 2

Coopers Sparkling Ale Partial Mash. Not too happy with this seems overly bitter. Advice from @Hoppy81 is my flavouring hop additions were too early.

Cascade and Amarillo 30 grams @ 20 minutes. Probably better 10 minutes or more of a hopstand taking into account the bitterness in the can. It's tasty, but a real bitter beer. Puts hairs on chests.

20210302_211725.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1