Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

It's not a Bavarian - but @CLASSICPhil - it might still make an ok beer - but if you want Dunkel - it would have to be a Dunkel Kit - are you talking the Fresh Wort Kits that come in those Cubes mate?

The thing is hey - it is all about personal taste preferences - and there are those that like Schöfferhofer - I don't prefer it.... but who knows... maybe it could make a nice beer for you... 

Howdy @Graubart  I am willing to try any beers (within reason) but my first beer yesterday was a Dunkel  & it went down a treat as all of the Weihenstephaner range does but I am going to try a few Fresh Wort Kits to make a change from my limited resources ( extract ) Some wheat beers don't do it for me but there is a saying;

There is only thing wrong with a bad beer - no beer.

The best beer - is the next one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Got the XPA gassed up pouring. Pleasantly surprised with where this beer went. Probably a touch on the green side but next week she’ll be rockin n rollin

E25C84A5-BB97-478B-8A86-9A2CCEBD831E.jpeg

C83BB92F-7D4A-427A-B71D-1479602E9DD9.jpeg

Now that's what I am talking about lovely lacing around the glass, I notice they are Headmaster so that says it all. Cheers.

• Like 1

SBPA.thumb.jpg.09326b2b9fa0e09bc3509d8db9ad7224.jpg

First try of the Scorpion Breath Pale with fresh chinook hop flowers and Voss kveik.  Planning was poor as I had to fast chill this in the freezer so the first glass was a little warm. Second glass was chilled appropriately and was thoroughly enjoyed. The citrus tones from the Voss complements the centennial and Amarillo fruitiness with the resinous pine and spice from the chinook adding to the full malt backbone.  The wet chinook hop flowers bring an earthy, slight grassiness/freshness that is hard to describe and very unique. Really happy with this beer.

image.png.27414e6470ec547abae11f460402e7ae.png 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, lickedthestamp said:

SMOTY ale - 2 weeks in the bottle and extremely tasty. Keen to see how it develops with a bit more conditioning 👍

20210311_204511.thumb.jpg.3d4437338f609b43a4ed05fed2fa22a1.jpg

well worth the effort, hey! i've got one bottle left that is ready to drink with two drops and 27 lovely bottles sitting in the spare room waiting for june to roll around that only got a single carb drop. playing the long game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Stickers I really hope you don't regret the 1 carb drop thing I don't care what they say regards long term storage. The 2 carb drops is never enough IMO let alone only one no matter how long store for. PET are designed to leak extra pressure to a certain extent anyway.

12 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Stickers I really hope you don't regret the 1 carb drop thing I don't care what they say regards long term storage. The 2 carb drops is never enough IMO let alone only one no matter how long store for. PET are designed to leak extra pressure to a certain extent anyway.

never introduce doubt into a project 🍻 worst case i get slightly flat great tasting beer, best case i get something worth making again next year. either way i've learned a lot 🙂

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Maurice79 said:

we actually have one tree and its doing really well with lots of fruit.

Wow - a beautiful thing - did you just purchase from Nursery Mauri?  And so it survives a heavy frosty boy - or don't you cop so heavy a frost up in them thar hills?

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Mitch's Aussie Lager

I think I have missed the target by a long shot.

Floral plus very malty aroma.

Malty flavour and pleasant bitterness.

So these things get better with age.  WOW WEE!  This has not even reached 3 weeks.

I gave my brother a keg of it.  This is from the Grolsch bottle. 

IMG_2315.JPG.cdbce830f0f37f6933c72914fc18eb47.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG.10c94e74049ec87f2e00d99a06601a9c.JPG

Looks good @Shamus O'Sean  nice & clear.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Green Blob said:

Berliner Weisse. 4%, very dry. Slight tang, little brett on the nose, slightly grassy? @Greeny1525229549 it's subtle but nice. Not sour like the Belgian Lambic Blend BUT I did reuse that 6 times and collective wisdom suggests repitches to be more sourer.

PXL_20210313_034125801.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.d051892cabd6b800e903be76d420b76e.jpg

Looks nice mate. Do you have it in the keg or in Bottles?