Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

10 hours ago, DeviantLogic said:

The beer looks great in the glass! I really enjoyed Bridge Road Brewers saison when I had it, if mine had come out tasting like theirs I would have been very happy. 🙂

It's funny, my experience with brewing saison was somewhat similar to yours. I really enjoyed it when I first tried it, but after drinking most of it I am actually a bit over it. I'm honestly not sure if the beer was better young, or whether it's just not something I can drink a lot of.

Also agree the Bridge Road Saison is a fantastic beer. For another good Aussie example of the style try https://www.boatrocker.com.au/products/saison-du-bateau

1 hour ago, Lettucegrove said:

What kind of hops would you recommend?

I actually really like centennial for a bittering hop in Saison’s as it leaves a citrus/lemon like bite in the bitterness. If this is what you might be after. EKG is another good one that leaves a herbal type flavour behind. 
There’s a heap out there that do leave some flavour behind. 

• Like 3

As it's my Birthday tomorrow I thought I had test run a few brews before serving them up to my mates, I bottled this on the 9th Feb, Mr Beer Long Play IPA, it tastes great hops hit first but sorta narrows out, so in spite of LBHS & other comments I am going to add LDME next time just for a bit more body, they claim it's not necessary as it is all in the can but I want a beer with more you know what.

Cheers.

20210319_125220 (2).jpg

• Like 9

2nd Tasting WAL'S PALE ALE from Country Brewer, I like this, easy drinking. I think that dispels the theory on how many Carb Drops for a 450ml bottle, I used 2, I bottled this on 15/02/21 & there was one helluva pop so I don't really know how safe it would be to leave it for months ?

Anyway it tastes like Pale Ale so Cheers.

20210319_141531 (2).jpg

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

What are the bottles like, obviously you would dump the brew ! Maybe he found ⛪ or something else to do. ???

He reckons he brewed them 15 years ago. Some tallies and some stubbies. I never checked the bottles but did notice rust on the caps.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Second pour of the kolsch. Obviously my crappy legging job didn’t affect it too much. No finings added!

Great beer, light, well balanced, malty.

IMG_1253.MOV

Can you do "a still"- ie photo - some of us have either carp connection or carb software or carp OS or combo of both or whatever other tech challenge so the ol movie no workie... and would be great to see... so on behalf of the tech luddites... if not too much of a pain NB? 😆

Edited by Graubart

3 hours ago, Graubart said:

Can you do "a still"- ie photo - some of us have either carp connection or carb software or carp OS or combo of both or whatever other tech challenge so the ol movie no workie... and would be great to see... so on behalf of the tech luddites... if not too much of a pain NB? 😆

Mate - I'll have to pour another one tonight - Damn!!!

• Haha 4