Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Mangrove Jacks Dubbel, 4 months in the bottle. This is remarkably better than it was a month or two ago. Much smoother and it has lost a few of the weird phenols/esters. Or maybe I am just more used to it, as this was the first Belgian beer I had tasted. 

20210313_171303.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, John E Miller said:

Mangrove Jacks Dubbel, 4 months in the bottle. This is remarkably better than it was a month or two ago. Much smoother and it has lost a few of the weird phenols/esters. Or maybe I am just more used to it, as this was the first Belgian beer I had tasted. 

20210313_171303.jpg

Looks very drinkable, well done. Are you going to make wine as well ? 😄

1 minute ago, John E Miller said:

I'm not really a wine guy, but I would like to learn how to enjoy it someday, and then I might dabble in making it. What about you? 

I absolutely love Wine unfortunately as much as beer, I only ever have it with food & usually get all involved with food pairing etc. Most of my mates are wine drinkers so it's hard to not have it.

We break the rule occasionally & might start with a wine depending on the weather, what's going on etc. Reds are my favorite & I love white wine too.

I am sure I am not the only one.  🍷 Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Harlequin Gold -  this Voss fermented Brit Golden Ale with a good dose of UK Harlequin hops has now had an adequate amount of time in the bottle and is going down with a great deal of ease and much appreciation.  So far my best beer for 2021...  early days yet of course but the bar has been set... 

158846787_3946709245392229_8331278108298968074_o.jpg

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Harlequin Gold -  this Voss fermented Brit Golden Ale with a good dose of UK Harlequin hops has now had an adequate amount of time in the bottle and is going down with a great deal of ease and much appreciation.  So far my best beer for 2021...  early days yet of course but the bar has been set... 

158846787_3946709245392229_8331278108298968074_o.jpg

Lovely Golden Colour @BlackSands  I can smell the hops ! I see you are using swing tops, they are my favorite .It is also nice & clear, Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lickedthestamp said:

@jamiek86 is that the Coopers English Bitter kit? Going to put down one tomorrow with EKG, Fuggles and Bramling hops 👍

yes I only used an EKG hop tea of 30 grams or something for a steep not sure if cool weather or not but not happy with carbonation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Just having a wee pivo, very nice & smooth but still 4.7% - I cannot believe for 500ml it is only $2.50 ( 2 x 4pks $20.00) & you can mix them up with other imported beers the same size @ Liquor Land. Nearly as cheap as Home brew.

Na zdravi

20210314_162043 (2).jpg

20210314_162112 (2).jpg

I was slurping that on my honeymoon a couple of yrs ago in Portugal, nice drop. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

I was slurping that on my honeymoon a couple of yrs ago in Portugal, nice drop. 

It really is, I have never had it out of the tap but I can imagine it would be Ace. We have some excellent beers in Australia but German style & Eastern European take a bit of beating.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

It really is, I have never had it out of the tap but I can imagine it would be Ace. We have some excellent beers in Australia but German style & Eastern European take a bit of beating.

Yeah on my honeymoon my wife was tired from the travelling, she had a sleep and I went for a walk and found a bar, when she called me a few hrs later & I was rat a#sed from drinking that stuff with some locals, was a good night from what I remember 😂😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah on my honeymoon my wife was tired from the travelling, she had a sleep and I went for a walk and found a bar, when she called me a few hrs later & I was rat a#sed from drinking that stuff with some locals, was a good night from what I remember 😂😂

You naughty boy - on your honeymoon too.  💒 However a man has to keep hydrated so you are forgiven. As long as you did not have to preform any ...... duties afterwards its all good.

As long as you had a good time, that is what life is all about. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@CLASSIC @Red devil 44 it's not a bad beer I was drinking some a while ago nice on hot day with the slightly dry after-taste. A little light on body once poured in a glass but for the price its a winner.

Yeah I agree, but when you are home doing what we do making beer etc, it's cheaper than going to the pub, try buying 500ml of beer for $2.50. 

I reckon in it's natural state out of the tap would be good.

• Like 1