Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Nice little mid strength blonde ale. Kegged Saturday and this is the second glass tonight. 

Nice beer, easy drinking, definitely not a hop bomb. Cut the dry hop back a bit as the wifey has been having a couple but doesn’t do hop bites, love bites or chillies.

Will go nicely as a summer thirst quencher.

852B3551-FE7A-4872-BD92-F0C88620E131.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

More of the Summer Ale - from the small keg - made enough for big keg and small keg... but somehow not got the carbonation that good... think I had too much pressure... anyone expert with small kegs - is 40 overnight a bad thing?  Seems a bit bizarre but been having a bit of a battle with the little keg while the big one was just fine...

(mmmm besides the fact that the big keg is EMPTY!?!).

Voyager Malts and some Weyermann Bo Pils... EKG and Fuggles... nice easy drinking drop: 

image.thumb.png.156893687781642e1fcb7e10377c5989.png

• Like 10

23 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

More of the Summer Ale - from the small keg - made enough for big keg and small keg... but somehow not got the carbonation that good... think I had too much pressure... anyone expert with small kegs - is 40 overnight a bad thing?  Seems a bit bizarre but been having a bit of a battle with the little keg while the big one was just fine...

Voyager Malts and some Weyermann Bo Pils... EKG and Fuggles... nice easy drinking drop: 

Yes you don't need 40psi overnight on a small keg. It'll definitely over carbonate it. When I used my small keg I just left it on serving pressure, it was usually done in about 3 days anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Hey mate I’ve got 2 x 9L smallies, just kegged a Pale Ale in both. I put in fridge to cool overnight ( depends if I CC, maybe straight away ) I did use 40 PSI but only gassed for 10 hrs, remove gas, let rest for a few hrs, reduce pressure then put on serving pressure, happy days, good carbonation and pour. With my 19L kegs they are at room temp as I store them for a while as I have 12, but put them in the fridge for 24hrs to cool ( no gas ) then I have found 20 hrs @ 40 PSI, same, let rest for a while, reduce pressure then happy bloody days. I have not had an over carbonated keg in over 12 months using this method. The only trick is when I gas them up @ high pressure I need to know I’m going to be home 10 hrs for 9L or 20 hrs for 19L later to take them off high pressure, which isn’t really a problem for me most times as I work from home. 🍺🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

I do aim to lose some weight and need to so more exercise and reduce intake of the joys in life - good beer and good tucker - maybe just reduce the number of glasses?! 😝

image.thumb.png.28ef5008aca358b93d2f9cd0b08a3299.png

What brew is that BB? Looks delicious. Reminds me of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

What brew is that BB? Looks delicious. Reminds me of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills.

Haha PM nothing terribly fancy mate... and to be completely honest... with pain... haha under duress but you do ask all the hard questions 😬- last of the Summer Ale baby keg - and topped up with Pseudo Lager... honestly tastes great... festive Benny @Ben 10 bags US05... but I think that is like Ben is 4th Dan brewing... and I am brown belt... and I am really happy for the malt and hops to do the talking... so it probably a bit "plain" for the guns... but it is just great -- as my good mate @Aussiekraut and I would say - süffig - eminently slurpable... haha - I really think you can do a lot with US05 as it is very clean... and you can let the Malt and Hops do the talkin... so a blend of the Summer Ale and the Pseudo Lager... different hops... same yeast and same malt bill... was logical...

I have absolutely no idea why... but this is the song that came to mind...

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this even beer?  This is my first attempt at making a very pale coloured beer with  Gladfield Lager Light malt and a bit of Munich making up the malt base.  Once again using M12 voss kveik.   The beer also received a good dose of Riwaka and Nectaron hops - 50g each.   After this first and early tasting I can say this is also my LAST attempt at making a very pale coloured beer!  I might as well be drinking hop-flavoured water!   😅    

To be fair, served ice-cold on a hot summer's day this would actually be quite a refreshing beer but generally, it's just not my thing...   

NectaronLight_Nov2020.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Just found out a MIA mate is now RIP

GUTTED. Tears as I type this.

That sucks, Ben.

Your post made me pause and reflect.  While you will always have the memories they're not he same as the real thing.

So sad mate.  Life is so messed up.  Stay strong. Shed a tear. 

• Like 3

Juicy as Fak IPA, first pour. This was done using Verdant yeast. Man, this is a great beer. I was a little concerned when @Ben 10 questioned my use of 20g galaxy in the boil on the brewday thread. But what im getting here is a well balanced beer. Bitterness is spot on, hopstand and dry hops are really singing. Great malt profile with some honey notes coming through. 6.6% abv, need to be colder and more carb. Winner!!!!

20201118_161549.jpg

• Like 5