Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Supposed to be a week non-alc night... but after Qld was facing defeat against a massive star-studded blues team... and managed with 9 new players to scrape home an upset... albeit coached by the Legend Wayne Bennett.... I had to celebrate with a tasty ag tapper... lovely... and had managed to achieve 3 non-grog nights prior so was a little ahead ; )

image.thumb.png.635340306c763f32a33c813c80d68a4d.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Pressure ferment or just normal Titan?  Nice looking brew mate...

What does Eldorado bring mate?

Normal ferment. Centennial gives a citrus note while Eldorado is Tropical. Had another go at it last night and im impressed with this one. 

• Like 2

Haven't been around for a while - Currently drinking my AHVC IPA with a total of 700g of hops in 21L

10g Magnum pellets @ 60 mins

300g Victoria hop flowers @ 5 mins whirlpool

200g Chinook hop flowers @5 mins whirlpool

200g Chinook hop flowers dry hop for 3 days.

First attempt at dry hoping with our hop flowers. Resinous melon, pine, hoped mess at 7.5%.  Damn tasty!

Also staring is our brew dog Kelpie Van.

IPA.thumb.jpg.8c323ce5d7ac80219ab32cea07ec35f4.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Supposed to be a week non-alc night... but after Qld was facing defeat against a massive star-studded blues team... and managed with 9 new players to scrape home an upset... albeit coached by the Legend Wayne Bennett.... I had to celebrate with a tasty ag tapper... lovely... and had managed to achieve 3 non-grog nights prior so was a little ahead ; )

image.thumb.png.635340306c763f32a33c813c80d68a4d.png

My old boy lives on the Gold Coast. Lives and breathes Maroons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2nd crack at the fair drinkum pale and this has so much more flavour than my first attempt. main differences were using the paintbag in saucepan rather than wrapping the crystal in a chux and the marbles weighing down the dry hop chux - both techniques picked up on this forum.

IMG_6222.thumb.jpg.8d72644e168d247189e12b282378778c.jpg

• Like 6

@Bearded Burbler's beer. It is SPECTACULAR. Tastes like a mellow sweet stout. Decently roasty but not harsh. The other one died in transit. BB went postal. 

PXL_20201107_092204599.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.ddcbc0f331f47d408a5be09a05ca1e60.jpg

BB's lonza. SPECTACULAR. The salami was opened (the vac seal broke) so I binned it, it looked amazing though. Bit scared about posted salami.

PXL_20201107_092417035.thumb.jpg.1f015bd44a081d5ce3588a5565dc30b9.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ben 10 said:

BB went postal. 

Glad the Schwarzbier and Lonza was reasonable Benny!   Good to hear.

After that verdict I shall keep on brewing and making cured porker products 😆

And thanks for your help and all the other festive Brewers, Growers' and Food Makers' help on this site so far... would no way be here without you all!!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Decently roasty but not harsh. 

So Herr Braumeister - without researching further back in the website - but you may have a good memory anyway haha Ben - just from tasting - what sort of ABV% were you thinking?

Kegged the pale ale yesterday and having a glass or two tonight. Tastes pretty decent, carb level is good despite my forgetting to turn off the gas when I left for golf this morning. I just turned it off and immediately bled the pressure when I got home though. 

I have a pilsner ready to ferment when I get the yeast starter done. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

No idea but I know you like a decent %... drank like an easy 5% - not alcohol flavour at all.

Super - yeah was closer to 7%... had some last night and thought it would be cool to ask the question as even tho it has got plenty ABV grunt it does not have a nasty bone in its body ; )     

[And the bottle has that tiny bit more from the Coopers Lollies' secondary ferment]

• Like 1

Trying to empty the keg to make room in the kegerator for the one I kegged yesterday.

My house beer at the moment - Oktoberfest - Weyermann Pilsner, Caramunich 2, Hersbrucker, Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Lager Yeast.

Problem is that I think there's more left in the keg than I calculated. burp.

Oktoberfest.thumb.jpg.c889a94ff2e0db74bdecf1a1dbe15efc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4