Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Benny's Big Red Rye. Big, lots of rye. That grainy dusty spicey flavour you get from a good kick of rye. 7% and 70 ibu. Perfectly balanced easy drinking quaffer < if you saw that post without spell check you'd agree for sure!

PXL_20201016_053657102.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.63c7f5b20cd32d720406e21e71eb3b46.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

IMG_6144.thumb.jpg.70782837d08df98dcf91564526cc33bd.jpg

"no worries" k+k pale ale. og.. didn't check it. fg.. didn't check it. no temperature control used and melbourne went from hot to cold over the 7 day ferment. 7 day bottle carb. this will tide me over until my blonde ale matures properly (that one took a lot longer than expected and this pale batch was rushed through so i had something for this week!). happy with this little experiment.

• Like 4

@Norris!

Wet, fruity, cold, bubbly, body, white head. 

So really fruity, good body and dry in the finish. XPA territory. 
this is also fined and cold crashed for 14 days. Could not get this any clearer. 

I’ll be doing this one again with minor changes

5ED5C9FF-F2B8-4A72-AAFB-2A0C3536A79D.jpeg

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

@Norris!

Wet, fruity, cold, bubbly, body, white head. 

So really fruity, good body and dry in the finish. XPA territory. 
this is also fined and cold crashed for 14 days. Could not get this any clearer. 

I’ll be doing this one again with minor changes

5ED5C9FF-F2B8-4A72-AAFB-2A0C3536A79D.jpeg

Looks nice, well done Cap.

Just now, Norris! said:

Looks great. What was the recipe? Sounds like you nailed it.

Honestly - it was more about the beer photo - think I while back I disappeared and you mighta said you missed the photos... and enjoy the visage... so was more about - I reckon I nailed a nice beer photo ha ha...

Anyone can brew All Grain Beer ha ha ; )

• Like 1

Was gunner put this on Today's Tastings but really it is not so much a Tasting but what I am drinking right now as had plenty before.... ; )

Very refreshing indeed - uh oh though - Erdinger in a Schneiderweisse Glass - sorry - and apologies @Aussiekraut but I like the shape of the Schneider glass from Zminga (Munich) so just had to use it ha ha:

image.thumb.png.387123ffd9dd9e846501222dbb06f284.png

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Was gunner put this on Today's Tastings but really it is not so much a Tasting but what I am drinking right now as had plenty before.... ; )

Very refreshing indeed - uh oh though - Erdinger in a Schneiderweisse Glass - sorry - and apologies @Aussiekraut but I like the shape of the Schneider glass from Zminga (Munich) so just had to use it ha ha:

image.thumb.png.387123ffd9dd9e846501222dbb06f284.png

Cmon BB, get your sh%t together 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

You shall be forgiven. Tomorrow is Bathurst day, the brewery is closed but the Weihenstephaner is chilled and the glasses are in the freezer. Just not sure how 3 bottles are supposed to cover 6 hours of racing 🙂 Maybe a short visit to the local 1st Choice is n the cards...or of course lotsa home brews 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

You shall be forgiven. Tomorrow is Bathurst day, the brewery is closed but the Weihenstephaner is chilled and the glasses are in the freezer. Just not sure how 3 bottles are supposed to cover 6 hours of racing 🙂 Maybe a short visit to the local 1st Choice is n the cards...or of course lotsa home brews 🙂

Bathurst Day! 👍🙂 

20201017_182654.thumb.jpg.51fbbba1f669ac8c3f7bcda14c7daa62.jpg

I will be drinking the Fair Drinkum pale ale that was bottled a couple of weeks ago. Opened the first one today - super happy with the result! Reminds me a lot of a Beechworth pale ale. Can't see these lasting too long tbh. I expect I will make a bit of a dent in them tomorrow while watching the race 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Aldi in Qld don’t sell grog mate, some licensing BS ☹️☹️

aaargh forgot about that Red - yeah - well spotted - and probably cannot sneak over the border for some either with all the Covid Closures etc hey.... : \

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Danke danke!

And you could also always nip down to Aldi and grab some Erdinger for $4 a bottle.... but they may also all be gone by now...

Not in Qld. Only in NSW can they sell alcohol in Aldi. Queenslanders would all turn into raging, homicidal maniacs if they could buy booze anywhere but a booze shop. You know, just like I am a psychopathic mass murderer because I grew up with booze in a supermarket and a legal drinking age of 16 😂

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Haha 1