Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

14 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Just kegged about four days ago. Clarity will improve. But taste is on point. Beer at its finest. I've got confidence back.

Nice work PM.... that is a beautiful thing mate!

@pilotsh Pilot - maybe you should chase @Pale Man and @James Lao James for a few tips on this fine Partial?!

PM has kindly provided a hand written recipe - didn't think anyone knew how to write anymore on paper with a quill?!  Luvyerwork PM!

Cheers All and good brewing. BB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I used the attach a file after I took the photo on my phone it seemed to work fine, maybe it is an ID10T error? They occur sometimes?

Just messing with you BB, no idea why it isn't working on your end.

This is the Stepping to the AM 2.0 hazy with Columbus at flameout and mosaic and azacca dry hopped, I did add 20g of Azacca and mosaic to the cube at 78c and a huge dry hop of azacca 100g, Mosaic 60g and Columbus 40g. It just got done carbonating so needs about 3 to 7 days to really hit its peak but this is juice, with enough bitterness to know it is beer ( my favourite phrase for these).  Danky, but uplifted with a strong orange and orange pith aroma and flavour with a compliment of pineapple, very tropical but danky due to the Columbus and mosaic. Really good beer. I will post a better photo just was seeing if I could after BB posts.

20201018_150040.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Norris! said:

I used the attach a file after I took the photo on my phone it seemed to work fine, maybe it is an ID10T error? They occur sometimes?

Seems to not like a specific picture - I just do screenshots - this one was of the fires one night I took end of last year replying to @John E Miller noting that yes things have picked up somewhat out in the paddock since the drought and fires...  dunno - didn't like the flames and red of the fire ?  some sort of filter?  Was only 3.5MB... tried numerously and from different software platforms..... phaaaaaarg knows... probably was one of those hi-tech ID10T errors ha ha Gold Norris 😝  Even tho was exactly the same process as the above pics and what I do every post with a picture?

Ha ha - here I took a photo of the screen with iPhone and you can see the shot which refused to be uploaded?

image.png.679d6f3402b35c028246afb14c86b7cb.png

Tried it again just now on another window - same thing happened.... too much black and red?

image.png.d4c8cbf775ae090d8e4525fc8e8ac1ae.png

• Haha 1

Wow... from the IPA to the English Summer Ale - EKG and Fuggles - this Sundee arvo first cab off the rank - been in the keg since.... Friday early arvo?

Hoppage:

•    Add 41g of Fuggles at 60
•    Then 41 of EKG and 22 of Fuggles at 15
•    Steep Hops for an extra 15 minutes post boil

Might have called it an Amber Ale when brewing... Foolio
A massive difference to the IPA.... Huge....  Same Water same Malt Bill same Yeast... beer is so very very different... Coolio and Wow this is something new and interesting for me.

And I am thinking @Norris! Norris dank might be a good word here?

The Cold Crash seems to have worked quite nicely hey.... no Whirlfloc - no ground up poly-pipe - no fishguts - no cooked cows' hooves - just time and pressure and temperature...

Festive colour hey?

image.thumb.png.611112a2f23b1c811c7be9285c048db1.png

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Bright but dank and juicy, azacca, Mosaic and Columbus hops. 6% ABV which makes it dangerous, it is like juice.

20201019_155409.jpg

I dont know what the etiquette on asking a brewer for their recipe is.....but damn that looks tasty!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Fergy1987 said:

I dont know what the etiquette on asking a brewer for their recipe is.....but damn that looks tasty!

It is like asking someone else's wife to dance.

Just kidding, I should of posted the recipe with it, that is better etiquette. The 50g of Columbus at 5 min is actually right at flameout, but I think 5 min shows the bitterness at the right level for my system, I no chill. The azacca and mosaic are cube hopped after the whirlpool and wort comes down to 78c then dump in the cube. This came in at 1.062. If you don't mind esters use the kveik yeast, they are orange like but if you like a cleaner yeast flavour use NE yeast by lallemand, but you will still get some esters depending on temp.

I mashed low to make it crisper and drier on the pallete to offset the sweetness some and to eliminate the need for dextrose, I think it worked.

I didn't do a double dry hop because I think the flameout and cube hops will allow biotransformation to occur but I don't know that for sure and I think 1 dry hop is better than 2 with this yeast, kveik. I don't even know if it biotranforms.

Cheers,

Norris

Screenshot_20201019-170819_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201019-170833_Firefox.jpg

• Like 1

You can add oats to this if you like but I left them out because I felt the wheat and large addition of carapils would be enough body for this beer.

The final gravity was 1.009 not 1.014.

Edited by Norris!

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

The final gravity was 1.009 not 1.014.

That is all adding up to one very tasty brew Norris mate - and love the Lavender? flowering in the background - very nice indeed mate ; )

Got me inspired - have a had a few big sessions - will have a quiet one tonight - your pic inspired me to think about cleaning out the last of the IPA keg....

Do you Keggers get a bit of frothing at the last end of the keg?  (mmm wrong thread yep but anyway....)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How bizarre - seems like with minus 1 pint left the IPA is finally clearing up (same malt bill as that Golden Summer Ale but oh so different with the sig diff in hop inventory) - Taschty even if I say so myself ha ha:

image.thumb.png.033691c67939b5c93d1b92df37c11caa.png

• Like 4