Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

5 minutes ago, TonySchmidt said:

Drinking my “Rona XPA” more of an IPA I guess in the end but bloody beautiful! It was an attempt at the Coopers XPA but I wasn’t able to get the simcoe or lemon drop hops.  I used El Dorado and Azacca hops in the boil and also dry hopped.

186D036D-F905-4C9C-AE61-6331F3E9F459.jpeg

And I think Ted agrees as well Ha ha !!!

image.png.a3b97d835c1f35d7bc099c23f15f27e7.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TonySchmidt said:

I did similar with the El Dorado and Azacca hops. Did you use the Australian Pale Ale can?

I think @Hairy is one of the Master All Grain  Brewers on this site... ha ha.... but he may have used the APC as he did have a hand injury there at some stage @Hairy ??

13 minutes ago, TonySchmidt said:

I did similar with the El Dorado and Azacca hops. Did you use the Australian Pale Ale can?

It was a all grain brew. Really simple grain bill; 4.75kg American Ale Malt and 250g Munich. Very quaffable.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

I think @Hairy is one of the Master All Grain  Brewers on this site... ha ha.... but he may have used the APC as he did have a hand injury there at some stage @Hairy ??

Far from a master. Finger is stuffed but I can at least brew now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Found this gem today. Must have been conditioning for at least 12 months as I started kegging this time last year. It is a Coopers IPA. Not sure what I did to it as I have sent all my kit notes off to the cloud.  First and most obvious thing I noticed was the carbonation. I don't get that sort of carbonation from a keg. Taste wise it is great. As one would expect any additional hops I would have added have faded but it really does taste good.  Only issue is it  just does not have that clean complex taste that all grain has.  I haven't made an IPA for a while so maybe my next brew will be an old school Indian Pale Ale flavoured with some of  those wonderful British hops like Fuggles, EKG and Challenger. 

20200525_171210.jpg

• Like 6

Pale ale with my favourite hop combo of galaxy and mosaic. Not 100% fully carbed but was itching to try. Kind of disappointed. While its a nice beer already the flavour combo isn't going to be as good as last time. Galaxy seems to have dominated over the mosaic. Not stone and wood type taste but its getting there.

15903960041692079665063421632870.jpg

• Like 9

Started with my Munich Dunkel tonight been in the bottle for just over a week with no lagering couldn’t wait tastes pretty good with a light malty toasty type taste and well balanced a good beer. Very happy with it. Nice and clear already which I am happy with as I forgot the whirlfloc. It’s a nice red colour too photo doesn’t do it justice.

12B818B0-BA04-4F5F-AFC1-81F385A144EC.jpeg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Looks and sounds nice RD!  What were the malts again - was it Munich and Carafa II or III?

Munich CarafaIa II Vienna and melanoidin

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Ha ha and full malt love the lace netting or should that be the lace netting of full malt beer love ?!

image.png.b18b9312ef3046ec77554ac3f591bb13.png

Like tree rings we can see how many swigs it took you to finish it BB 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Innkeepers Daughter tin with liquid light malt and dex. Padded out by a few extra litres so it's not so heavy in alcohol but it amazingly tastes quite similar to Coopers Sparkling Ale. 🙂 

IMG20200530164128.jpg

That looks pretty nice Muzzy.

• Like 1

Thanks Norris, I'm really enjoying this one.
I love Coopers Sparkling but at almost 6% it's a dangerous drink for me. From memory I got this one down to about 4.8 but it's still full flavoured.
Liquid malt extract has been a fillip for my beer making.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks Norris, I'm really enjoying this one.
I love Coopers Sparkling but at almost 6% it's a dangerous drink for me. From memory I got this one down to about 4.8 but it's still full flavoured.
Liquid malt extract has been a fillip for my beer making.

It's hands down the best brew I've made so far, even at just 1 week in the bottle it was really good. Will do again.

Edited by UncleStavvy
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 4:56 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Yeah probably right Benny but me mates at Rusty Penny reckoned they did it for their Ales and so I have been following suit... maybe unnecessary but does not seem to hurt?

I do it was well but it's just to speed up the finishing off, not for diacetyl.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I'm not anti-allgrain but I am anti-work. I can't see myself going down that road yet.

Yet you still faff around with bottles. 😜

12 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Ha ha and full malt love the lace netting or should that be the lace netting of full malt beer love ?!

image.png.b18b9312ef3046ec77554ac3f591bb13.png

I often get this sort of thing with heavily late and dry hopped beers. Being a nitro pour would help too. I reckon those two things are probably more the reason for it than it being AG, however it also contributes especially if you do a mash rest at 72 degrees. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yet you still faff around with bottles. 😜

You still dragging up this old chestnut, Otto? 😂😂

Bottles aren't work. They are part of the joy of drinking beer. They're like having the top down on a convertible car on a sunny day. They're a thing of beauty. 😍😂

• Haha 2