Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

1 hour ago, JoeB7 said:

15 days down time to taste

Top one is the Brigalow. Young but not green with a sharp bitter dryness. This one I thought I'd lost due to a cracked FV lid

Bottom is the pale ale. Obviously more malt as mouthfeel is velvety. Lingering hops after taste & needs a good aging.

My first 2 brews for a year. Used fresh dried flowers in the pale, 12month frozen in the Munich & it shows.

Hops were my bro's home grown, Chinook & PoRingwood

Can yeasts hence the pitch temp

Screenshot_20200522-181401_BrewTracker.jpg

Screenshot_20200522-181443_BrewTracker.jpg

Edited by JoeB7
missed something
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lab Cat said:

Have you ever seen dry amber malt?

When I look at the head and bubble structure it looks like LME to me...  I might be dreamin' but I think you can see the difference - besides tasting it.

And I have a vague feeling I did see some amber DME in a HBS somewhere in the Newcastle region about 18 months ago - I was looking for dry wheat malt extract at the time...

But it was a while ago and I might be completely wrong too.

Mosaic SMaSH. This is slowly becoming one of my favourite beers. Just the right bitterness and subtle but distinct grape fruit flavours 🍻 It was a little warmer than expected, so it frothed up more than I would like and the bubbles are a little big. 

IMG_6266.thumb.jpg.6e5ba135ec9c6d15be747332af0cf313.jpg

• Like 9

Covid Gold -  a first tasting of yet another British Golden ale, a style I keep going back to but most often using local NZ ingredients -  and this one is no exception, so I guess it's not really very British!  Hops in this one are Kohatu and Nelson, favouring the comparatively mellow Kohatu.  Storm clouds were approaching and it got quite dark and gloomy as I took this photo and the temperature has meanwhile plummeted!  A very tasty beer and a last wee ray of sunshine before the much needed rain arrives!

😋

CovidGoldMay2020-4.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Mosaic SMaSH. This is slowly becoming one of my favourite beers. Just the right bitterness and subtle but distinct grape fruit flavours 🍻 It was a little warmer than expected, so it frothed up more than I would like and the bubbles are a little big. 

IMG_6266.thumb.jpg.6e5ba135ec9c6d15be747332af0cf313.jpg

My first AG was a Mosaic smash. Great beer, Sometimes less is more! 

• Like 2

Keeping that theme going @Hilltop hops and @Aussiekraut here is mine... second cup out of the keg right now Woohoo!!!  Not had a Sparkling Ale/IPA AG thing in a while... think this prolly more IPA... but whatever it may be classified as... it tastes GGGGGREAT... mostly Pilsener Malt for a run... luverly... US05 Starter - that great solid performer ha ha : )

18deg C... DiAcetyl Rest around 20-22... then back down... pure Gold.  Hopping:

·         45g Mosaic @ 30

·         41g Enigma + 20g Galaxy @10

·         Late Hop 70g of Mosaic and Columbus 50/50

Go the festive Burbling Mountain Ale!!!

image.png.c2473e260aafd8682497477229cfe01e.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, Goldcoast Crow said:

My first ever glass bottled beer, approx 13days in aging.

with a nice homemade gnocci in the background, first ever aswell😂😂😂

Nice job GCC and well done on the Gnocci as well - Gold!

18 minutes ago, Goldcoast Crow said:

My first ever glass bottled beer, approx 13days in aging.

Mexican cerveza approx 5% abv

nice carb, a few more days will definitely help but solid start.

with a nice homemade gnocci in the background, first ever aswell😂😂😂

IMG_4472.JPG

Nice one!  Love the 0.0% label!    🤣😂🤣😂

Edited by G00DSY
  • Haha 1

Co-Conspirators "The Salesman" XPA , 5.1% Abv. 2 x 19l kegs full for $170 so at just under $4.50 per litre its a winner. And a fkn great beer t boot. These are just some savings that can be made when you join your local HB club.20200523_182208.thumb.jpg.a8b2fbe04aa421903bc4b272e12bfdd6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Working title Casdarina due to the use of Cascade and Mandarina Bavaria hops (with a smidge of Mosaic for bittering). Just an experiment because I had some Mandarina Bavaria and wanted to try the hop. Not a bad beer. It matured nicely with a subtle mandarine/tangerine flavours. One of those beers I could drink all day long 🙂 

IMG_6267.thumb.jpg.e2fda4254994ec65e03f4576e9103e1c.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Nice refreshing beer

Lovely work AK!!!  Nice creamy top - obviously lovely full bodied AG beer here mate.... both brews.... well done.  And I am supposed to be brewing too so better get on with it ha ha.... just trying to muster up the energy... bit dusty after a few too many spicy AG Burbler Mountain Ales last  night and a few Jaegers along the way ha ha!?!

• Haha 2

Made this beer on the 19th, began fermenting on the 20th. 

Kegged yesterday. 
First glass today.

Superb. I was going to ferment it with Belgian Saison II but the work was rather warm in the morning so I used Lallemand Kveik with an amazingly good result.

IMG_20200524_163027.thumb.jpg.311184f3ac1a7b9b52f5deb989f9d647.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

No need for a diacetyl rest with a yeast that doesn't produce any.

Yeah probably right Benny but me mates at Rusty Penny reckoned they did it for their Ales and so I have been following suit... maybe unnecessary but does not seem to hurt?

Drinking my “Rona XPA” more of an IPA I guess in the end but bloody beautiful! It was an attempt at the Coopers XPA but I wasn’t able to get the simcoe or lemon drop hops.  I used El Dorado and Azacca hops in the boil and also dry hopped.

186D036D-F905-4C9C-AE61-6331F3E9F459.jpeg

• Like 5