Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

That is a lovely looking Brew @Otto Von Blotto Kelsey!  Very very nice. The bubble structure is excellent.  What were your Malts if I may ask and the Mash Temp?

I dunno, pale, Munich, crystal and chocolate. Probably mashed at 66, would have done the 15 minute rest at 72 as well which I've found beneficial to head retention.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I dunno, pale, Munich, crystal and chocolate. Probably mashed at 66, would have done the 15 minute rest at 72 as well which I've found beneficial to head retention.

Nice.  What sort of % Chocolate - you wouldn't be adding too much?

Second go at an Aussie Draught type beer. The yeast and haze will drop near the end of the keg.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200511133919963_COVER.thumb.jpg.908da57c01aaefbab7a66d565a373e07.jpg

Simple recipe and quite nice, not much flavour, clean and crisp.

Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
2.70 kg          Coopers Pale Malt (4.2 EBC)                      Grain         1          89.4 %        1.76 L        
0.02 kg          Roasted Malt (Joe White) (1199.7 EBC)            Grain         2          0.7 %         0.01 L        
0.30 kg          Dememera Sugar [Boil] (3.9 EBC)                  Sugar         3          9.9 %         0.19 L        
15.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - Boil 60.0 min       Hop           4          17.0 IBUs     -             
3.65 g           Brewbrite (Boil 10.0 mins)                       Fining        5          -             -             
1.0 pkg          Californian Lager (Mangrove Jack's  #M54)        Yeast         6          -             -        
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Yes, very nice. Almost no flavour. It was "raw" sugar actually BS did not have it in the list.

Fair enough.  Been listening to a little bit of the bronze brews podcasts lately. Pretty interesting how many adjusts that are in mainstream beers

Hiya Ben.

1 hour ago, Ben 10 said:

Second go at an Aussie Draught type beer. The yeast and haze will drop near the end of the keg.

Simple recipe and quite nice, not much flavour, clean and crisp.

Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
2.70 kg          Coopers Pale Malt (4.2 EBC)                      Grain         1          89.4 %        1.76 L        
0.02 kg          Roasted Malt (Joe White) (1199.7 EBC)            Grain         2          0.7 %         0.01 L        
0.30 kg          Dememera Sugar [Boil] (3.9 EBC)                  Sugar         3          9.9 %         0.19 L        
15.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - Boil 60.0 min       Hop           4          17.0 IBUs     -             
3.65 g           Brewbrite (Boil 10.0 mins)                       Fining        5          -             -             
1.0 pkg          Californian Lager (Mangrove Jack's  #M54)        Yeast         6          -             -        

What FG did this end up at?

Cheers,

Lusty.

2 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Rather low. I don't always check but I think it was 1.005 ish

I've never checked the mainstream draughts but am guessing they must be somewhere near here too. I guess you'd have to mash pretty low too.

Cheers,

Lusty.

4 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I've never checked the mainstream draughts but am guessing they must be somewhere near here too. I guess you'd have to mash pretty low too.

Cheers,

Lusty.

I tested a Crown Lager once, was pretty much spot on 1.006.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Wouldn't have been more than 50g. I don't think I posted it in the brew day thread but it's obviously saved in beersmith so I can grab it next time I'm on the computer. 

So maybe 1%?

On 5/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

The last of the Red Mountain Pils... as the sun went down so did the Pils... and then the keg blew

So it that grain of extract. If grain did you share the recipe. 

12 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

So it that grain of extract. If grain did you share the recipe. 

Just was like a standard Pilsener recipe with W34/70 using @Otto Von Blotto Otto's Cold Brew Temp Protocol... but with 1% Roasted Barley for a bit of colour added to the Pilsener Base Malt.

I think that I would use @Otto Von Blotto's suggestion of the 1% Chocolate instead if I were to do that again... and probably that bit of Munich and Crystal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UncleStavvy said:

Opened a dead flat bottle of stout last night from a West End draught twist top. Got a few more twist tops to go from the stout batch, not hopeful for better results from the last bottles.

Don't try putting it into a Soda Stream. Tried that.  Disastrous.

But - maybe now is the time to invest in a keg... pour all the poooooor old flat bottles into the keg.... and gas it up!?!

Bottled for many years but nivvvvver did Twisties... too scared... but had mates who seemed to make it work some of the time...

When it comes to bottles - IMHO Coops Largies are the Gold Standard and then Swingtoppers...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1