Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

coopers Irish stout over 6 weeks in bottle after 10 mins from pouring still got that nice head big change from 2 and bit weeks ago when went fast.

Nice creamy looking stout Jamie, I tried mine after 2 weeks but that was 2 weeks ago, it's bloody hard to wait but the first taste was incredible due to the Malt Extract addition.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Nice creamy looking stout Jamie, I tried mine after 2 weeks but that was 2 weeks ago, it's bloody hard to wait but the first taste was incredible due to the Malt Extract addition.

Enjoy.

yes Phil hard to wait but I notice big difference between 4 to 6 and half weeks heaps better

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah I am going to be strong, unless I get the urge to fridge a couple of stouts.🤔

nothing wrong with drinking a few but with amount of brews your doing at once can always afford to age a few. I know how hard it can be to keep track of though. I keg and bottle a few extra have box full of the unknown dont know what is what.

8 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

nothing wrong with drinking a few but with amount of brews your doing at once can always afford to age a few. I know how hard it can be to keep track of though. I keg and bottle a few extra have box full of the unknown dont know what is what.

Well I probably am too fussy but I do keep a one to a page diary of every brew with ALL details including each Milk Crate/Boxes or whatever labelled with precise dates etc, so far it is working & I can control vintages

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norris! said:

I have been using a carb cap filling them up and then just taking the cap off and putting a regular one on. It did lead to some spillage but it seemed to not get oxidated, from the pic, and the carb seemed to hold up, probably lost a few psi but I figure I like my beer really carbonated so they probably fall in line to the guidelines but I don't know for sure. It seemed to work well enough for me to try it.

Cheers, mate. Liquid line in to the bottle via the cap?

• Like 1

Fat Yak clone - Side-by-side taste test

The real thing:

• Pine aroma
  • Smooth flavour and bitterness

My version:

• Pine, citrus fruit and a little alcohol aroma
  • Noticeable alcohol taste compared to the commercial version.  This dissipated as my taste buds became accustomed to the flavour.  This taste might also be from the Nelson Sauvin hops.
  • A very good clone of the current commercial brew

IMG_2424.thumb.JPG.8b763ec7564d8e0bd18ca1fc6c70d588.JPG

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Fat Yak clone - Side-by-side taste test

The real thing:

• Pine aroma
  • Smooth flavour and bitterness

My version:

• Pine, citrus fruit and a little alcohol aroma
  • Noticeable alcohol taste compared to the commercial version.  This dissipated as my taste buds became accustomed to the flavour.  This taste might also be from the Nelson Sauvin hops.
  • A very good clone of the current commercial brew

IMG_2424.thumb.JPG.8b763ec7564d8e0bd18ca1fc6c70d588.JPG

You have done well Grasshopper, pretty close @Shamus O'Sean I am thinking yours tastes better.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Biggie Juice Clone well was till I used Kveik at 33degrees this is bloody awesome nice and hoppy with a nice balance of malt and bitterness very 😊 

287D3174-8561-4BDE-B472-0B1D58C5E832.jpeg

Hmmmm, Juicy... Lil Ceasar would be proud a long with all of Junior Mafia

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Biggie Juice Clone well was till I used Kveik at 33degrees this is bloody awesome nice and hoppy with a nice balance of malt and bitterness very 😊 

287D3174-8561-4BDE-B472-0B1D58C5E832.jpeg

thats looks rather  delicious  mate 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Shamus O'Sean how much alcohol commercial one got?

4.7% Jamie.  Compared to my 5.5%.  Mine finished lower SG than expected.  Plus I brewed it to go into a keg at supposedly 4.7%.  Finishing higher plus adding sugar for bottle carbonating meant that the bottles finished up with higher alcohol than intended.  First world problems!

• Haha 1