Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I had to pour it on the sink !!

In Germany when pouring festive frothy Wheat Beers from memory bar staff often would swirly out the glass with a bit of cold water and then flick out... maybe try that... just try once if not good jettison the idea... but it might make pouring such a lovely frothy brew a bit easier and also keep the bubbles in the brew better but still facilitate nice creamy top ; )  Just a thought @CLASSIC Phil it might be useful... think too that the dirty old Belgian Beer Cafe in BrisVegas used to have some festive upside down water bubblery thing to flush their glasses out prior to Stella etc pour... but as usual mate you know the drill... Many ways to the top the mountain ; )

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Graubart said:

In Germany when pouring festive frothy Wheat Beers from memory bar staff often would swirly out the glass with a bit of cold water and then flick out... maybe try that... just try once if not good jettison the idea... but it might make pouring such a lovely frothy brew a bit easier and also keep the bubbles in the brew better but still facilitate nice creamy top ; )  Just a thought @CLASSIC Phil it might be useful... think too that the dirty old Belgian Beer Cafe in BrisVegas used to have some festive upside down water bubblery thing to flush their glasses out prior to Stella etc pour... but as usual mate you know the drill... Many ways to the top the mountain ; )

Yes Graubster, I understand, we have a Belgian Beer Cafe in Adelaide & their beer serving process is a delight to watch, I have had the pleasure of the company of a few Fräulein's over the years having their Mussels & lovely beer. 

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

There is a Belgian Beer Cafe in Adelaide I have taken lovely Fräulein's there for their lovely beer & Mussels, so I know what you are talking about with the beer presentation process, it is unique.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, CLASSIC said:

There is a Belgian Beer Cafe in Adelaide I have taken lovely Fräulein's there for their lovely beer & Mussels, so I know what you are talking about with the beer presentation process, it is unique.

Cheers.

For some reason this previous post disappeared due to a gateway timeout so you have got it twice, sorry.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Awesome setup @jamiek86  I would love a Kegerator too. Beer looks great, nice glass too. Cheers.

Thanks mate against the great head retention the wheat kit gives I think the next one will be normal liquid malt to compare taste as well.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

kegged Euro lager still my favourite yet need to order more tins but free shipping has finished 😔

20210522_191500.jpg

JamieK looks bloody beeeeautiful mate. I think I'm going to move onto partials and a kegarator before too long. Maybe AG somewhere down the track as well.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:07 AM, Graubart said:

What a beautiful Brew @Norris! Wow!  I deffo need to have a crank at something like that... sennnnnsational!!! 

As for the wnnnker... 

I think you, like me Kegging King and Gas Guru @Red devil 44 Reddler, you will need to get yourself a "I'm a Craft Beer Wankkker" T-Shirt for when you are warming the glass 😋

image.thumb.png.cca7fd8a6f5e61eab8a9a83f967bc6a0.png

Absolutely @Graubart,  although I think if I wore it around my town nobody would get it as they are all old school XXXX drinkers 🤮

Maybe I would need a XXXX wank%r shirt 😂😂

Just on that, what is it with young blokes & Great Northern ?? It ranks up there with XXXX for mine 🤮

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

JamieK looks bloody beeeeautiful mate. I think I'm going to move onto partials and a kegarator before too long. Maybe AG somewhere down the track as well.

think I'm going to do a few partials for my lagers too give it that fresh addition of flavour. The keggerator was the best investment I've made in a while the only time it doesn't get used is when I'm on night shift. Although it will be sitting there a few weeks why I get keg stocks back up

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

It’s the Acorn, about 3 yrs old now.

C39DD080-B468-404A-BC01-8C9E67BC4596.jpeg

Wouldn't mind getting one of these or something like it myself.  But I did spend $1000 on a new gas barbie last year.

I have a leg of lamb in the Weber kettle right now. Even though the Weber is getting old, I'm not sure I'll be allowed another new barbie just yet.

Drinking Coopers Crown Lager with Citrus hops as I cook. Not a bad drop at all.

Edited by Graculus
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Graculus said:

Wouldn't mind getting one of these or something like it myself.  But I did spend $1000 on a new gas barbie last year.

I have a leg of lamb in the Weber kettle right now. Even though the Weber is getting old, I'm not sure I'll be allowed another new barbie just yet.

Nothing wrong with the trusty old Weber, I give mine a hammering but tonight Curried Chicken on the stovetop in my Tagine.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Graculus said:

@Graculus I still have my trusty old Weber, Pork coming along well, got the potatoes, pumpkin & corn in now.

‘The only thing I find with the Kamado is the temp is hard to control, as it sits there for ages on say 50 degrees, then goes woompa up to 200 degrees just like that 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Graculus I still have my trusty old Weber, Pork coming along well, got the potatoes, pumpkin & corn in now.

‘The only thing I find with the Kamado is the temp is hard to control, as it sits there for ages on say 50 degrees, then goes woompa up to 200 degrees just like that 

OK, I thought they were easier to control.

I have an inkbird IBT -2X. It's made a huge difference to my BBQing.

I'm pretty sure the guys on the low n slow whirpool thread have some fancy attachment or something that makes temperature control a breeze.
But that might be on the Kamado Joes. I'm not sure.

Edited by Graculus