Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Absolutely perfect looking beer RD, doesn't get better looking than that.

Enjoy.

Cheers @CLASSIC, nice lacing around the glass too, very happy with this for a Mangrove Jacks Pouch.

Its in the keg & on tap now. 

‘Gradually been working my way through all of their pouches, haven’t been disappointed yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Cheers @CLASSIC, nice lacing around the glass too, very happy with this for a Mangrove Jacks Pouch.

Its in the keg & on tap now. 

‘Gradually been working my way through all of their pouches, haven’t been disappointed yet.

I absolutely love them, I have been using them in almost every brew, I get them from Brew Craft who are major stockists of  their range, there is nothing wrong with Coopers but I feel their range of LME is limited. I have built up a large stock of them & will continue to use them, they are easy to rinse out every bit also.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to @Norris! Masterbrewer Norris am privileged to be able to slurp upon this lovely lovely AG Norri-Aler Pale Ale ; )  Talk about Orange Zest 🥳

(my electronically inserted bottle label for a chuckle)

image.thumb.png.3013118746728c961f9411bfb2e7097e.png

Thanks Norris - lovely brew mate Wooohooo !!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Thanks to @Norris! Masterbrewer Norris am privileged to be able to slurp upon this lovely lovely AG Norri-Aler Pale Ale ; )  Talk about Orange Zest 🥳

(my electronically inserted bottle label for a chuckle)

image.thumb.png.3013118746728c961f9411bfb2e7097e.png

Thanks Norris - lovely brew mate Wooohooo !!!

Graubster, that looks good enough for breakfast - looks so smooth & creamy, nice glass to, I have some of them. Cheers Norris do you want my address too ? 😧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Graubart
and @Green Blob

I would send you one @CLASSIC
but the keg is about to blow on this one, I will put You down for one in another batch. It was a good beer, simple grain bill and the most citrusy hops I could find, imo. It looks like the carbonation held up well which gives me options for brew comps. No need to 2ndary ferment in a bottle when I can pull it from the keg. I will be testing that against the IPA I have bottled versus the kegged bit and see if, for that beer, it makes any difference and for the NEIPA I am making also. 

Truly appreciate the kind words!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Thanks @Graubart
and @Green Blob

I would send you one @CLASSIC
but the keg is about to blow on this one, I will put You down for one in another batch. It was a good beer, simple grain bill and the most citrusy hops I could find, imo. It looks like the carbonation held up well which gives me options for brew comps. No need to 2ndary ferment in a bottle when I can pull it from the keg. I will be testing that against the IPA I have bottled versus the kegged bit and see if, for that beer, it makes any difference and for the NEIPA I am making also. 

Truly appreciate the kind words!

I will be looking forward to that, I will have to send you some Stubby Holders.

Cheers

Phil

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Graubart said:

Hey there @Tone boy Toner... good stuff... and I think that @CLASSIC Phil and @Red devil 44 are believers as well.... 

Yeah I sorta been trying to spread the piratical 🏴‍☠️ good message.... for brew head, head retention, mouthfeel...  the closer to 'the truth' (i.e. the malted grain) you get, the better it will be.

So KnK with a can of LIQUID malt is better than KnK on dry Malt which is better than KnK with Dex which is better than KnK with Sugar which is better than a HB made purely with dry malt (which I have done for a laugh). 

And (I think it is the proteins) WHEAT liquid malt is better than Barley.... and which are denatured (like when you cook an egg) on drying-down-and-concentration (Kit syrup) or during spray drying (dry malt powder). 

So the next step up is Partials - - as you have clearly identified  @Tone boy Toner - - and have noticed the beautiful difference.

And from there to AG.

Then within AG there are all sorts of funky nuances surrounding the actual malted grain type - barley - wheat - rye - oats - the temp you mash at - higher temps 69-70 more body - lower temps 63-64 more fermentables... and the amount of grain per L of brew.... and also the roast level of the malt... darker beers seem to develop that aspect more easily it seems... 

So my current 5% AG Lager is good - but think less body than its previous Penitence Pilsner mate at 7.3%... 

But Brewers like @Aussiekraut AK make a nice Ale with loadsa Maris Otter and mashed high... getting pretty good beer at 3-4%.

Also I think there is influence of the carbonation level as well...  and also the gas type i.e. carbon dioxide pure vs beer nitro blend... and the tap type... and yeast type and ferment temp will also have to have an effect in some way or other. 

Very interesting stuff - and really nice to see that sorta theoretical and scientific background frame of reference of progression in the Beautiful Brewing Journey being implemented and delivering the results mate - well done @Tone boy Toner on your lovely Partial!!

For me, I am going to have a crank at including Rye into more AG beers as @Green Blob Brewmaster Blobski has identified is worthy of further investigation ; )

But everyone has their own way to the top of the mountain and am happy to be corrected in any of the above 🤔

Cheers Brewers 😋

Jesus mate my fingers would be swollen after typing that lot.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Norris! said:

. It looks like the carbonation held up well which gives me options for brew comps. No need to 2ndary ferment in a bottle when I can pull it from the keg. 

Hey Norris, 

What method do you use to bottle from the keg? If it's going to be drunk within the day, I just bottle straight from the tap with the gas turned off. I use a carb cap and top up with gas it up if I know it's going to be a few days. 

A couple of comps coming up that I'd like to enter to get some feedback but not sure on the best method to maintain carbonation without giving away a carb cap on each bottle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Popo said:

Hey Norris, 

What method do you use to bottle from the keg? If it's going to be drunk within the day, I just bottle straight from the tap with the gas turned off. I use a carb cap and top up with gas it up if I know it's going to be a few days. 

A couple of comps coming up that I'd like to enter to get some feedback but not sure on the best method to maintain carbonation without giving away a carb cap on each bottle.

I have been using a carb cap filling them up and then just taking the cap off and putting a regular one on. It did lead to some spillage but it seemed to not get oxidated, from the pic, and the carb seemed to hold up, probably lost a few psi but I figure I like my beer really carbonated so they probably fall in line to the guidelines but I don't know for sure. It seemed to work well enough for me to try it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1