Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

On 5/24/2021 at 7:54 AM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks great Mitch.  Bubbles assisted by nucleated glass.  However, it looks like it does not need any assistance at all.  A clear winner in my book.

Thanks mate. Yeah carbonation is really good on this and the past few beers I’ve cranked out. I’ve worked out that if I put about 15psi on the FV when I cold crash, over a few days some of that absorbs onto the beer and gives it a much welcomed extra spritz after force carbing.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, CLASSIC said:

Looks great @MitchBastardThat would be a disaster if you knocked too much off before the Comp, just imagine, you would have to top up a few bottles with commercial swill to give the judges a drink.

But I am sure you are smarter than that. Good Luck mate.

Cheers.

You’d be surprised 😂

• Haha 1

Wow this Classic Bitter has wings !! This was an earlier experiment with sugar in 450ml Grolsch bottles, one scoop with the Brigalow measure. When it popped I knew it was carbonated, beautiful to drink, again with was with the addition of LME. I think the sugar has quelled the sweetness a little but the POR hops have left some bitterness, so lovely balance. I could drink this all day.

Cheers

Phil

20210525_162312 (2).jpg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Hey there GB. Yep just knocked off work. Couldn't help myself but have a crack. Just over a week in the keg. Kudos to Coopers on putting this one recipe together. It's tasty. I modified it slightly by adding 300 grams of oats. I'd think about swapping the liquid malt for liquid wheat and I think we have a stomper. Might go and pour another. 

You and I are committed Grainers mate yes and know the benefits... but honestly that beer goes to show what a great KnK with the right adjuncts can deliver... yep liq wheat is red hot for the KnK game and I do use malted wheat consistently in my AG cos of the benefits it delivers... but honestly seeing that beer reminds me of good ol' Lusty @Beerlust on the partials/KnK adjuncts vs AG debates back then and some sociable banter and payouts and that ol maxim:  A great KnK/Partial is better than a badly made All Grain... very true.  And yep... well done Coops - and well done you @Pale Man Paleo mate as that looks like a very nice brewski!!  Cheers PM

image.thumb.png.2502b83fd6602d1126e5575b72759f01.png

• Like 2

Festival of the Blood Moon and Lunar Eclipse - had a few mates up from "the Big Smoke"... 

City  Slickers from Syddly Diddly... for a few cleansing Lagers, homemade Rye and Salumi, and a Barbie up with Moon Viewing after Dinner 🥳

Tho dirty old City Slickers they still understand the beauty of home made food n bevs haha! ; )

image.thumb.png.159cf934d853e39467a9a79e162d6a47.png

image.thumb.png.3c10059bd126ca509e33a7d4c6ed630b.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Festival of the Blood Moon and Lunar Eclipse - had a few mates up from "the Big Smoke"... 

City  Slickers from Syddly Diddly... for a few cleansing Lagers, homemade Rye and Salumi, and a Barbie up with Moon Viewing after Dinner 🥳

Tho dirty old City Slickers they still understand the beauty of home made food n bevs haha! ; )

Well done @Graubart  Great to have company & sharing your splendid homemade pumpernickel/breadstuffs & lovely Lagers with your mates. 

Cheers. 🍞 🍖

• Like 3

Quick pre lockdown lager. Fun stops at midnight tonight so having a couple before going to the pub for the last time in who knows how long. 
Partial mash European lager is really really good. W34/70 yeast (George dubya) is really clean. 
Cheers to all593FF47F-22A6-4C3D-B23C-AB52AB66EE75.thumb.jpeg.44e22b21b75139a61ecedc71fec444cd.jpeg

• Like 7

Cool 15 degrees in Adelaide, had a couple of beers & now a Stout - the longer I leave this, the better it gets, this has had 6 weeks in the bottle, so smooth & creamy,

( thanks Graubster Wheat Malt Extract ) added. The good part about this is I have another bottle in the fridge.

Cheers.

stout.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Cool 15 degrees in Adelaide, had a couple of beers & now a Stout - the longer I leave this, the better it gets, this has had 6 weeks in the bottle, so smooth & creamy,

( thanks Graubster Wheat Malt Extract ) added. The good part about this is I have another bottle in the fridge.

Cheers.

stout.jpg

Nice one Phil, I think I need to do a stout next. I only have a dozen porters left and winter is coming!!!

Happy Friday Legends,

Tucking into my house IPA with a twist.

Usual suspects of Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe with a (not so) cameo appearance from Mandarina Bavaria.

Lots of awesome orangeyade in spades with smooth biscuit Maris Ottery goodness and also, with hard but fair bitterness!!

2 days in the keg with US-05

Bloody yum!!!!!!!!

474279A8-0973-4024-B96F-E3D68067B01C.jpeg

Edited by James Lao
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Boot Straps said:

Friday Night! two weeks leave! Hello Cairns! and my last 3 home brews get to meet each other. From left to right my Coopers beekeeper Hefeweizen, Coopers Bridge the Gap IPA and Coopers Island Roasted Coconut Porter.

20210528_172731.jpg

They look delicious nice work!

• Like 1