Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

3 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Hey Ho Self-Isolation All Grain Burbler Brewing's rainwater Schwarzbier from a C02 Keg - am having a bit of run on dark beer ; )

image.thumb.png.d0c8640be53419d3bab9dbdc6d1d39e4.png

All the best Brewers. BB

Things have certainly greened up from a few brews ago. Good stuff and the beer looks a bewt too

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Nothing wrong with that BB! Black as the ace of spades and sets off the green in the background nicely!

Cheers Cob and it had a bit of Welly Boot in it too so am glad I id not have to mow the lawn this arvo - just kept an eye on the Rye Loaves and some stewed plums ha ha ; )

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Looks stunning. I have been thinking I should make a beer like that. Where did the PoR come from?

From my new LHBS at Noosa.  Been opened for a couple of months and about the only thing he doesn't stock right now are liquid yeasts. He has got a huge range and is cheap.  Has every thing that the on-line major retailers have and on-line prices it is great. 

Just what the region needed.  Oh and it looked even better after the chill haze departed.  Been in the keg of a couple of week and will be better in a couple more.  

I think my bastard blend keg is pretty much empty, last time I poured one it looked a lot murkier than previous glasses leading me to figure that. I might do a test pour tonight and see what happens, but I do have 26 bottles of pilsner urquell in brew fridge no.1 so not gonna be a dry weekend 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Foggy Dew Hazy IPA. So called as fermented using London Fog liquid yeast. My first time in two and a bit years using liquid yeast and I must say the difference is astounding. It looks like breakfast juice. Hopped with a small bit of magnum and then heavily whirlpool and dry hops of Eldorado, galaxy and azacca.  I may be so bold to call this my best beer to date and one that will be brewed over and over again 

7222824F-0C1A-4D67-92C5-E06C752CDDB6.jpeg

9ABA8491-3756-460B-B250-C83A3207D969.jpeg

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Foggy Dew Hazy IPA. So called as fermented using London Fog liquid yeast. My first time in two and a bit years using liquid yeast and I must say the difference is astounding. It looks like breakfast juice. Hopped with a small bit of magnum and then heavily whirlpool and dry hops of Eldorado, galaxy and azacca.  I may be so bold to call this my best beer to date and one that will be brewed over and over again 

7222824F-0C1A-4D67-92C5-E06C752CDDB6.jpeg

Sounds much better than the much hyped Biggie Juice and Rock juice coming out of the WA market

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Saison made from my 3724/belle blend. Time to turf the yeast. The 3724 presence has left the building.

The 3724 didn't leave the building, the Belle likely ate it. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 2

Well first pour of the other toucan i did a few weeks ago. Briess Unhopped malt extract paired with a coopers dark ale. Surprisingly they are very similar in colour, i expected this to be darker more stout/porter in appearance. This combination turns in a great brew, really enjoying it. This will be my new goto KK when stocks are low.

20200404_183421.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

True. Still a nice beer though so not all bad news 😁

Albeit I haven't used anywhere near the variety of strains you have in this space,  I quite like the Saison flavour left by Belle.

Cheers,

Lusty.

2 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Albeit I haven't used anywhere near the variety of strains you have in this space,  I quite like the Saison flavour left by Belle.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Yeah I dont mind belle as well lusty. It makes a good beer. Not as funky as I like but not bad. The pure 3724 DuPont yeast which is the  supposed quintessential season yeast is not only a PITA to use its always too funky for me. The 3724 and belle mix had a happy medium while it lasted. The best pure strain I have tried is 3726 farmhouse. I'm keen to see what a 3724/3726 blend does for my taste buds. 

• Like 3