Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Last night I tried an APA I bottled on 6/04, so 7 days in the bottle.

It is one of the smoothest, well rounded beers I have made and I have to go quite a ways back to think of a beer I've had in a pub to match it. Even the Fixation IPA I like so much didn't match the smooth mouth feel and rounded flavours of this one. Excellent head that lasted and great retention all the way through the glass with nice tide marks from each mouthful.

This was my 'clean up' beer, the one I made using the remnant ingredients from the cupboard - Coopers Real can, 420g Golden Promise, 140g rolled oats, 350g raw sugar, 25g whirlpool mosaic and 25g dry cascade.

@Titan - I shuddered at competitions in another thread (I think) but I reckon I'd enter this one, particularly with some age on it. 😄 

In short, I think this beer may be the reason I have been experimenting so much - I knew eventually I'd find one that will be permanently in stock.

Tonight I'm going to try the "Extra Strong English" that was bottled the day before.  😄 

APA 060420.jpg

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Last night I tried an APA I bottled on 6/04, so 7 days in the bottle.

It is one of the smoothest, well rounded beers I have made and I have to go quite a ways back to think of a beer I've had in a pub to match it. Even the Fixation IPA I like so much didn't match the smooth mouth feel and rounded flavours of this one. Excellent head that lasted and great retention all the way through the glass with nice tide marks from each mouthful.

This was my 'clean up' beer, the one I made using the remnant ingredients from the cupboard - Coopers Real can, 420g Golden Promise, 140g rolled oats, 350g raw sugar, 25g whirlpool mosaic and 25g dry cascade.

@Titan - I shuddered at competitions in another thread (I think) but I reckon I'd enter this one, particularly with some age on it. 😄 

In short, I think this beer may be the reason I have been experimenting so much - I knew eventually I'd find one that will be permanently in stock.

Tonight I'm going to try the "Extra Strong English" that was bottled the day before.  😄 

APA 060420.jpg

Nice.

Last pour of my wheat beer, keg just blew. I have 3 bottles in the garage which will be saved. This is a fkn great drop and will do it again very soon.

And the Christmas decorations have gone lol.

20200414_174923.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Titan said:

Last pour of my wheat beer, keg just blew. I have 3 bottles in the garage which will be saved. This is a fkn great drop and will do it again very soon.

And the Christmas decorations have gone lol.

20200414_174923.jpg

Did you use any Citra Hops Titan ? 

12 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Bummer Cap, my wife hates beer so I’m safe 🍺

It’s all good. It’s two swings in a row though ha ha ha. Lucky I’ve got two Batches ready to go into kegs.

Think I’ll need to make sure she has the cheaper beers while I’m gone ha ha ha

• Haha 4