Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Garage Project - Pickle Beer (Cucumber Dill Pickle Sour) - Yeah, I know, it sounds like it would not work.  But it works very well.

• Aroma just like a fresh opened jar of pickles
  • Tastes like a liquid pickled cucumber (I know that sounds bad, but it tastes much better than it sounds)
  • Spicy, salty, peppery, sour
  • I see it has Habanero Chilli, that's where the pepper comes from.  I've had beers with chilli in them, and have not liked them.  In this case, it works really well.
  • Very refreshing

IMG_3671.JPG.875af15eff061fb53c5336e16a02192d.JPG

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ha Ha, I don't blame her, it is pretty ordinary beer.

I agree, before home brew, she drank 4x, Iron J, or GN (mid strength)

My brew for her tastes a bit like a 4x

• Like 2

Great Northern    i have had shocking results with this beer as a commercial  beer in fact i find it pi$$ poor 

i get a very strong water taste to this beer ,   its not as crisp as they make it out to be

i am nearly saying i would put vb in lead position  for drinking  if they was the  last beers on earth

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2023 at 9:16 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Garage Project - Pickle Beer (Cucumber Dill Pickle Sour) - Yeah, I know, it sounds like it would not work.  But it works very well.

• Tastes like a liquid pickled cucumber (I know that sounds bad, but it tastes much better than it sounds)
  • I see it has Habanero Chilli, that's where the pepper comes from.  I've had beers with chilli in them, and have not liked them.  In this case, it works really well.
  • Very refreshing

I just saw this beer in an ad by Beer Cartel. I was about to share the ad here and tag @Shamus O'Seanin it because he either would have tried it or will try it and then he will try emulating it. How long until the Shamus version is released? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Malter White said:

I just saw this beer in an ad by Beer Cartel. I was about to share the ad here and tag @Shamus O'Seanin it because he either would have tried it or will try it and then he will try emulating it. How long until the Shamus version is released? 🙂

You know me too well Muzzy.  I plan to have a crack at one of these in late May.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

• Very refreshing

wow, what an interesting beer. I will have to seek this out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

wow, what an interesting beer. I will have to seek this out.

If you like different and interesting beers, it is worth it.  I got mine on-line from Beer Cartel.  You can also order it direct from Garage Project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

• Very refreshing

I shared one of these beers with a mate. I really enjoyed it. Not an everyday beer but half a can was nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

The can is right with peach, grapefruit and passionfruit. A bit too sweet for me to buy again. Not bad though.

Sorry, still no beer glass.

That sounds pretty good but the sweet part put's me off, I have had a few of their beers, Pale Ale/IPA & they were nice but some of them go too far with fruit & vegetable & all sorts of additions - totally puts me off. I do like floral/citrus/spicy/hoppy but nothing that tastes like fruit juice or yogurt etc.

• Like 2