Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

34 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Grabbed this at uncle Dan's yesterday. Had to use a glass from the competition because I only have Weihenstephaner Weizen glasses 🙂  That reminds me, I'll have to hit the Bitburger when I get over there next.

IMG_8384.thumb.jpg.586bad2861399f6cfaedd3b193e5106a.jpg

I love all of the Weihenstephaner range & have heaps of their glasses in all types of shapes but only one Bitburger glass.

Bavarian/German beers have always been one of my favourites.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Welcome Back, I missed your pic's and chat!

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I will try post more regularly again. Your pale ale looks fantastic from other day, do share the ingredients please

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pints said:

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I will try post more regularly again. Your pale ale looks fantastic from other day, do share the ingredients please

On this day I was almost out of ingredients, Made do with what I had!

"Coopers Pale Ale

700g Light Dry Malt, 300g Dextrose 300g Maltodextrin

200g Light Crystal Malt, steeped for 40 min

30g Cascade Hops Boiled for 10 min

This used up the last of my cans, the LDM and the Crystal

Bulk shopping Friday!"

Big Smile!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Found this on them Interwebs the other day. Needless to say, I had to get some 🙂 It's a collaboration between Brewdog and Früh. They had to do that because a Kölsch needs to be brewed within the city limits of Cologne. What can I say, it is a Kölsch. I'm not too savvy with the style, so I call it an OK beer. It's drinkable but it would have been better had it been colder and the glass cleaner 🙂 . The next ones go in the fridge for longer, that's for sure.

IMG_8389.thumb.JPG.a5ee8d742820a81224775fc4732fbad0.JPG

• Like 9

And now for something different - on special at BWS normal Price $21.00 x 4 pack 500ml 4.5% ABV -I PAID $14.00

NAM NAM ALLEY PREMIUM LAGER

I simply cannot fault it, it as good as any commercial Lager out there, in fact, better than most.

Nam Nam Alley is a lager -style beer brewed in Quang Ngai province in Vietnam. It is imported into Australia by Pinnacle Drinks, and sold through stores of the Endeavour Group, including Dan Murphy's and BWS. The beer has an alcohol content of 4.5% ABV.
Alcohol by volume: 4.5%
Country of origin: Vietnam
Distributor: Pinnacle Drinks
Introduced: 2022

Nam means south in ancient Chinese and Viet means descendants of dragons souring to the sun. However you look at it, it’s an appropriate name for a Vietnamese beer. When we crave a cold refreshing beer in the humidity and heat of the blazing sun, we want it to go ‘nam nam’ or down the hatch. Crack a can of this delicious Vietnamese brew from Quang Ngai province and experience what real thirst-quenching feels like.
Think aromas of pastry malt with slight maize notes and a medium-bodied palate with flavours of malt and maize, and just the perfect amount of bitterness for a crisp, clean and refreshing finish.

20230329_144115.thumb.jpg.07295807d1ee655b73f13ac5b7aadb03.jpg

• Like 7

From recently touring around the North East of VIC to now touring around at the other end of the state, the Southwest corner, Portland, Port Fairy, Koroit and Warrnambool.  Just had to drop in at several pubs and craft breweries in the areas.

First one was the Noodledoof Brewery in the Irish village of Koroit.  The HSSH had the iced coffee stout, and I had their version of an Australian Pale Ale which I found was just a bit over the top with the Galaxy hops but nice.  In fact, nearly all the craft beers I tried around the Southwest all focused on the Galaxy hop aroma, except the lagers of course.  I also tried their Helles Lager which was nice.  Place was empty as it was early in the day, and they had just opened the doors.

Noodledoof Brewing Koroit 1 - resized.jpg

Noodledoof Brewing Koroit 2 - resized.jpg

Noodledoof Brewing Koroit 3 - resized.jpg

Noodledoof Brewing Koroit 4 - resized.jpg

Noodledoof Brewing Koroit 5 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 10

Next stop for a drop was Mickey Bourke's Irish pub Koroit.  As I was driving only had a small Guiness.  Sign on one of their front doors says they serve a five-course meal which consists of 4 pints of Guiness and 1 spud.

Mickey Bourkes Pub Koroit 1 - resized.jpg

Mickey Bourkes Pub Koroit 2 - resized.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9