Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

22 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I would rather a nice foamy head that slowly dies down over a non existing one any day of the week.

I think a tightly packed head with tiny bubbles, is far better than a big foamy head with bubbles that dissipates quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just shouted myself a 6-pack x 440ml  of this lovely creamy Irish Ale for my birthday, got it at Uncle Dan's for $22.00 - that's not bad.

I could easily knock a few of these down, so smooth & creamy yet full favoured.

sláinte ☘️

20230320_154803.thumb.jpg.05e62ef3d0c21d8c548ed9259822d9e5.jpg

Happy birthday mate 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just shouted myself a 6-pack x 440ml  of this lovely creamy Irish Ale for my birthday, got it at Uncle Dan's for $22.00 - that's not bad.

I could easily knock a few of these down, so smooth & creamy yet full favoured.

sláinte ☘️

20230320_154803.thumb.jpg.05e62ef3d0c21d8c548ed9259822d9e5.jpg

Happy Birthday, Phil.  Nice choice

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I think a tightly packed head with tiny bubbles, is far better than a big foamy head with bubbles that dissipates quickly.

yeah agree completely mine usually start big then hang around with small and compact. All depending on the brew obviously and glass cold or warm but most are good.

I tend to like my beers well carbonated and let them settle. When I feel like a single pour I turn the gas off for a few pours.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 1

Just now, Mickep said:

Happy Birthday Phil, hope you had a ripper day mate.

Thanks Mick,

I had a great day, but I must have been very thirsty as I consumed a few beers out of the tap, a couple of Irish Ale, German Beer, then red wine & somebody pulled out the brandy to go with the birthday cake that the neighbours had for me.

🤪🥴🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thanks Mick,

I had a great day, but I must have been very thirsty as I consumed a few beers out of the tap, a couple of Irish Ale, German Beer, then red wine & somebody pulled out the brandy to go with the birthday cake that the neighbours had for me.

🤪🥴🤢

Day after, there's only one remedy - I think you know what needs to be done. 😂🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Day after, there's only one remedy - I think you know what needs to be done. 😂🍺

OK Mick I took your advice. Here is step 1 to recovery from day after woes, I think it will take a couple of these as I am starting to feel better 😁

20230321_155644.thumb.jpg.174cecac12a032a4aca8db3cca9eebb4.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
Forgot attachment
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

Happy birthday Phil, sound like a great day was had! Everyone knows Birthday Week requires lots of celebrating!

It was a lot of fun; I feel blessed with a network of great friends & the neighbours I have met & became friends with since I have been at my new address of 16 months by the sea.

Every day is a new adventure & I am enjoying life & the hangover has just passed, Yippee.

Thanks, Mick, for putting me back on the horse. 🐴

• Like 3

A few more tastings from the bargain bin.

The Kosciuszko was very nice, very light and clean with full flavour. Reminded me of the many Japanese Lagers I really like. Must be the clean and crisp Snowy Mountains water.

88EC6B8F-614C-4F9B-8B1B-089DE4C2C545.thumb.jpeg.658ee1e9744696c247fcf8b03cdc1b00.jpeg

The Caribbean Fog was out of date, and I couldn’t detect any tropical cocktail of hops. Speaking to my son right now, he visited Sauce Brewing Co a few times and is no big fan of their beers. Maybe a combination of both. To be fair, I will try another one right now………….Nah, no aroma nor flavour.

ED348591-BFD6-4CD9-8B5E-33CE22589E0E.thumb.jpeg.8b6c30fe88c67b20c89813bcfe39710e.jpeg

Now this one was interesting. When I bought it I didn’t wear my glasses and read ABV 9.something %. Ha, ha  it’s only 3.4, but great body, hoppyness and flavour

7DC94CE8-26DC-4394-B2F2-11FBE1FF6754.thumb.jpeg.b654efd423bc621e21123e297f8a9a01.jpeg
DE2FB758-8E53-4B16-ABD5-4CE631C5C51F.thumb.jpeg.26162a08142959941e8293bd77deceab.jpeg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

A few more tastings from the bargain bin.

I enjoy going around grabbing a few bargains here & there as you can pick up a few really nice brews, I avoid sours, fruity insipid things with all sorts of weird additions, gose & some of the new age wheat, hazy crap but you do pick up few nice pales/ipa/stout/lagers etc.

• Like 1