Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

3 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

You mean scooner 🤣 bunch of wierdos switching around names.

scooner     BTW it is Schooner.

The SA Pint has been around for since 1948 & just because you Mexicans call it a Schooner doesn't really bother us. 😁

Call it what you will, I have travelled Australia extensively & I don't give a Monkey's what the beer glass size is called as long as it is cold & tastes good. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The SA Pint has been around for since 1948 & just because you Mexicans call it a Schooner doesn't really bother us. 😁

Call it what you will, I have travelled Australia extensively & I don't give a Monkey's what the beer glass size is called as long as it is cold & tastes good. 🤣

I'm not fussed about it either just funny to say something like you always do about a certain green beer. Think its red now too or Marone? or blood orange? 🤪

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

i can remember  when i 1st moved to vic   walked into a bar in St Kilda   went up to the person behind the bar   and made 2 big mistakes   ,  1st mistake  i asked for an aussie pint thinking i was still in South Australia   the 2nd mistake was when the bar lady who happened to be the publican saying in a very butch male accent   that'll be 8.50 thanks Darl ,  needless to say i only had the 1 beer as it was like a bucket and then took of up the road to the pint on punt  and had some juicy coopers pale and guiness to polish off before heading back  to the boarding house in grey street St Kilda 

however though long as ya dont serve a thimble in front of me i will drink it  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i can remember  when i 1st moved to vic   walked into a bar in St Kilda   went up to the person behind the bar   and made 2 big mistakes   ,  1st mistake  i asked for an aussie pint thinking i was still in South Australia   the 2nd mistake was when the bar lady who happened to be the publican saying in a very butch male accent   that'll be 8.50 thanks Darl ,  needless to say i only had the 1 beer as it was like a bucket and then took of up the road to the pint on punt  and had some juicy coopers pale and guiness to polish off before heading back  to the boarding house in grey street St Kilda 

however though long as ya dont serve a thimble in front of me i will drink it  

Yup, when I was travelling, quite often I would forget & I would order a Schooner or a Pint forgetting where I was, in NSW or Vic somewhere, but at the end of the day, who really cares.

If I had finished work for the day I didn't care, but as you know a lot of the Serviceman's Clubs quite often had a Happy Hour & if you bothered to become a member it would qualify you to get a 10-20% discount which is pretty dangerous if you are staying the night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NBillett09 yeah classic post that stuff all the time there is always a little bit wrong on it. Tassie pretty much the same as victoria all the old heads that quoted OZ sizes are in the ground. 

And an 8 Oz glass that apart from the pot is seen more in tassie than a 7 but is not on the list.

You would probably be hard pressed to find places that regularly pour anything under a pot these days.

Funny how everywhere but SA calls a scooner a scooner but let's be careful and tip toe around saying it.

Never been fond of term middy when popular glass sizes are Pot scooner and pint middy is outdated and not a mid size serving at all. 

A 10 Oz doesn't look anything like a pot you would boil an egg in either but somehow just sounds better 😋 

Also years ago I was in Sydney CBD and a lot of places have a glass called a Schmidy almost half way between the Middy and scooner 355 ml or 12 Oz yanky size. When I asked what the he'll he said we pretty much charge u the same as a scooner but give u less 🤣

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

Pinched from Wikipedia, quick reference to what size is what in each state of Australia : )

F189FD10-061B-4DF2-A061-D459CF72901A.jpeg

Yeah, that's spot on, but I sometimes wonder when some people have issues with it, it's no big deal what they are called in different states, that's what it is so adapt to it.

I have pretty much had beers in all states & it's just a matter of getting used to it. As long as the beer tastes good.

Mind you, there are certain ones to avoid though 😁