Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

13 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

one in nearly every major town nowadays

Fair call.

Bright Brewery is pretty good too.  Went mountain biking at Mt Beauty a few times years ago, the bakery there is pretty good too, as was the mtb

• Like 1

Another of yesterdays tastings. I had a Blood Orange IPA before and quite enjoyed it, but this one?! My first thought was: Where is the beer? No head retention, no body, thin as hell. Sorry, another big miss in the pack which is supposed to promote GABS. My question is now do I really want to spend $50 bucks for the right to pay even more for bad beer?

02120CE3-4376-4381-AFFB-9C7C73D39AA3.jpeg

833934A5-3A71-4C9A-A26D-0B55E1AC13F3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

@Brauhaus Fritz I had a bit of a look at those packs but didnt buy and now im glad i did not. I think alot of these places are trying to offer something different but go a bit too far. 

I know we have come along way over the years with craft beer but i have to agree with you. There are alot like that i have tried that are not like beer at all. Taste and look more like a lolly water or seltser than a beer.

Also I am thinking of going to gabs and am sure there will be many great beers. 

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Brauhaus Fritz I had a bit of a look at those packs but didnt buy and now im glad i did not. I think alot of these places are trying to offer something different but go a bit too far. 

I know we have come along way over the years with craft beer but i have to agree with you. There are alot like that i have tried that are not like beer at all. Taste and look more like a lolly water or seltser than a beer.

Also I am thinking of going to gabs and am sure there will be many great beers. 

I’ll still probably go as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Another of yesterdays tastings. I had a Blood Orange IPA before and quite enjoyed it, but this one?! My first thought was: Where is the beer? No head retention, no body, thin as hell. Sorry, another big miss in the pack which is supposed to promote GABS. My question is now do I really want to spend $50 bucks for the right to pay even more for bad beer?

i think that  looks like a shocker  ya can just tell  there is no life in that  beer at all with the little foam head    which will vanish as quick as coca cola does.     

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i think that  looks like a shocker  ya can just tell  there is no life in that  beer at all with the little foam head    which will vanish as quick as coca cola does.     

They look like something I would never buy, insipid sweet looking crap, they are lacking body & everything else.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

5 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

The Beechy XPA on the tasting paddle brought a smile to my dial, did not know he was so famous in these parts ha ha. @beach_life

The tasting paddle was not the way to go IMO,  the staff recommended we start at #1 and go by the numbers from there.  Number 1 was the sour and it sort of spoilt the taste of all the others as it was still lingering in my mouth.  The last one, #10 was a vanilla ice cream beer I had to spit back into the glass and could not drink it.

Bridge Road Brewery Tasting Paddle - resized.png

Beechy XPA - resized.png

That's not a paddle, that's a platter.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I think those craft breweries are trying to outdo each other with ever more "strange" beers in order to stand out. After all, there is only so much IPA one can brew. The possibilities are endless and there is a clientele out there who doesn't want "normal" beer. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I think those craft breweries are trying to outdo each other with ever more "strange" beers in order to stand out. After all, there is only so much IPA one can brew. The possibilities are endless and there is a clientele out there who doesn't want "normal" beer. 

Yes, you are right our bottle shop shelves are sagging with an overload of sweet, sour, sickly, insipid crappy beers, mostly in 4 packs & reduced volume & the prices are in most cases outrageous.

I hardly bother with them anymore, but I must admit I do like to try different ones from time to time.

Coopers, Sierra Nevada, German Beers & of course lots of others are what I mainly stick to & I am happy with those & of course home brew.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Went away for a DWE with the HSSH up to Beechworth to celebrate my birthday the weekend before last. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Al, @iBooz2 - trust you went hard so you didn't have to go home. Ya must have - you were only goin' for the W/E and stayed the week. Well played. 🎂

Happy Birthday GIF by Tasmeem

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have mentioned that I have an Instagram page & there are a lot of brewers/craft beer enthusiasts from all over the world.

I find this photo fascinating & very well composed.

The location is Prague/Karlstejn Castle.

image.png.9a03dfb3d5e6aa8f010c4937afb32c90.png

Looks fabulous apart from the plastic cup.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 2:54 PM, iBooz2 said:

Went away for a DWE with the HSSH up to Beechworth to celebrate my birthday the weekend before last. 

I'm suffering from road trip envy! Thanks for the photos and info.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I'm suffering from road trip envy! Thanks for the photos and info.

About time you had a drive around your area Jenny & find a few craft breweries & taste a few from their taps, it will give you new insight to flavours & beer styles, much better than going to the bottle shop.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Today we had the last two cans of the GABS pack. As my wife loves her Sours I kept the last two for her ( her week end starts today). 
what a disappointment it was. Citra dry hopped Yuzu and Pear sour. On paper it sounds interesting, but in reality.!?  It tasted like a really bad cider, if I make something like this it goes down the sink. No beer flavour, no sour flavour, no yuzu flavour, no pear flavour. The only reason I won’t give it 0/10 was the ABV of 7.2%. At least we got tipsy, so it wasn’t a total waste. 

7D8017E1-BAA1-4E77-9834-2C60148D6199.jpeg

• Sad 3