Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I haven't come across a decent Wheat Beer yet from most of the Aussie craft range, they all seem to lack body.

The obvious German brands are a different story, Weihenstephaner, Paulaner etc.

Yeah the German ones beat anything hands down. 

• Like 1

Really nice NEIPA this one. I don't normally go for the hoppy brews but this is very drinkable. Very soft on the palate, easy drinking and pleasant after taste. The hop flavour isn't harsh but well rounded and plenty of it. Very tropically tasting.

20230221_172628.jpg

• Like 10

Local beer from down the Vic coast went to bottolo that sells all the local stuff. Ran into a brewer that was talking business with the shop owner.

After buying 4 different 4 packs a man from this brewery gave me a couple of extra to sample. 

Then said stop in at the burger bar and we have 16 different beers on tap. Haven't made it that far yet.

20230223_173003.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Neighbourhood Mandarin IPA by Ballistic Brewing. That I am not the biggest IPA fan is no secret but I kinda like this. A West Coast style IPA with a subtle mandarin twist. It's 55IBU are enough and the 6.5% abv are standard for an IPA. 

IMG_8330.thumb.jpg.b94aded40884194a8b53754cd3e48ec9.jpg

@Aussiekraut, The frosted glass makes a very good base for your photos.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 4:33 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Just cooling off in the pool with this lager.

‘Had a few left in the fridge, nothing flash this beer (suppose it’s classed as mega swill), bit it’s not a bad drop on a warm day in Qld. 

2D01095F-AA85-4C8D-8C6A-32947FF5AB13.jpeg

Had one at a party on the weekend, sorry to say but it went down the sink. Awful beer, has the same sour twang of cheap Brazilian beer containing corn. I won’t do it to my tastebuds

6 minutes ago, beach_life said:

Maize goes well in a beer when done well.

I have 2 kgs of malted maize ready to go when I get my brewery together in ... umm... someetime

I find it tastes unpleasantly sour. I liked the  traditional corny Brazilian beers in the past, 13 years ago on my last trip, but this time compared to what else was around it was a no no

• Like 1