Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

After golf yesterday, I had a Coopers Stout, Longneck.

Normally have a Guinness but the price has gone up and this is great value!

Works out to $5.70 a pint glass..

IMG_20230130_140557.thumb.jpg.1e4575d171fc331cf4201ef03786b5e3.jpg

And it is a great stout.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Not good news Phil, not good at all. Hospitality has been smashed in the past cuppla years - last thing they or anyone needs right now. 

Government once again showing how much it has become reliant on these sneaky tax hikes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Not good news Phil, not good at all. Hospitality has been smashed in the past cuppla years - last thing they or anyone needs right now. 

Government once again showing how much it has become reliant on these sneaky tax hikes.

I can only imagine how much it costs all of those people who frequent the pub every night, it must cost a fortune, imagine if you smoked as well, you would need 2 jobs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I can only imagine how much it costs all of those people who frequent the pub every night, it must cost a fortune, imagine if you smoked as well, you would need 2 jobs.

Yeah, as an ex smoker I can only imagine the strain that the durries would put on the pocket these days. I think a pack now costs $50.00 dollars? How does anyone afford that? I think once upon a time beer was considered a working class bevvie - but no more. Shame!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, as an ex smoker I can only imagine the strain that the durries would put on the pocket these days. I think a pack now costs $50.00 dollars? How does anyone afford that? I think once upon a time beer was considered a working class bevvie - but no more. Shame!

Look at this, I think this brand were on the lower quality list but the price for a pkt 50, jeez, imagine sucking a packet of these daily.

This is from Smokemart!!!   imagine the cost from a servo or deli.

Horizon Blue 50s $93.99

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

thats wierd maby they didn't bother because the competition is so stiff?

It is just the SA licensing laws & you know who runs that, we have a plethora of licensed premises who serve & sell alcohol but at this current time no Supermarket/Restaurant/Cafe etc can sell take-away.

You can get a drink anywhere just not at the Supermarket.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is just the SA licensing laws & you know who runs that, 

The government?  can't say I'm up to date with it all really. But I suppose over the years there has been a lot that changed that we now forget about.

I remember when Sunday trading for big stores was a big deal because of the corner shops.

13 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is just the SA licensing laws & you know who runs that, we have a plethora of licensed premises who serve & sell alcohol but at this current time no Supermarket/Restaurant/Cafe etc can sell take-away.

You can get a drink anywhere just not at the Supermarket.

Same deal in Queensland I think, shows the power of the established licensed premises and how they are able to distort competition.

• Like 2

Just now, kmar92 said:

Same deal in Queensland I think, shows the power of the established licensed premises and how they are able to distort competition.

Yes, if a Pub has been around for a while & a new Cafe/Pizza Restaurant etc opens up near them they can actually contest the license & prevent them from getting it.

It is the same in the rural areas, in some cases the pubs are owned by multi-nationals & they even try & stop the little guy in town trying to make a living. It sucks, fair go for everybody I say.

• Like 4