Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Hmmm, well what can I say about this. A sipper for sure as it comes in at 11% ABV! The aroma reminds me of an traditional English IPA, quite a hoppy nose. Pretty complex taste that I find hard to describe, very intense - some fruity notes. The high alcohol is evident in the taste and that sort of hides some of the tastes. A dessert beer I guess, if there is such a thing 🙃

2409e.png

• Like 9

This one was different. Lovely ruby red colour (name says it all) and the fruity raspberry/strawberry aroma is quite pronounced on the nose and in the taste. Quite a sweet taste but not too sweet for the style. A lovely beer for a very hot day.

2412e.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Went to First choice liquor today and some how scored 12 cans for $24.50, ha ha. A six pack of Mountain Goat Steam Ale, a four pack of Balter Hazy IPA and two of this Tinnies. The can looks small but the beer is great 

E7323244-E0DE-485D-B6CA-0E5479D7FF97.jpeg

Bargain!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I haven’t had one of these in years. Now I can wait another few years for the next one. Not bad but the most exciting thing about it is the bottle 😀 

I used drink that because I kept telling myself it was nice, but I Liked the bottles for home brew, but now I am kegging & I have over 200 of them in the shed in boxes. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I haven’t had one of these in years. Now I can wait another few years for the next one. Not bad but the most exciting thing about it is the bottle 😀 

1CEE6CE7-A0D0-457D-970F-93469658CDEE.thumb.jpeg.7f1d98aa3ba4d3fd21be14ac8662e473.jpeg

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I used drink that because I kept telling myself it was nice, but I Liked the bottles for home brew, but now I am kegging & I have over 200 of them in the shed in boxes. 🙄

I haven't had that in years either, but was thinking of collecting the bottles for home brew.. maybe I buy a few more kegs instead

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I haven't had that in years either, but was thinking of collecting the bottles for home brew.. maybe I buy a few more kegs instead

They are great for using the rest of the keg up with, but you have to watch over-carbing them as lot of pressure builds up in them.

I have even had the spring top blow clean off & in some cases broken the bottle.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Pub has run out of pale! Carlton Draught it is. Not bad on tap. 

20230306_172812.jpg

I agree, nothing wrong with a Carlton from the tap served really cold on a hot summers day. Clean lines will help as well. Hard to imagine how a pub runs out of a Pale though. 😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I agree, nothing wrong with a Carlton from the tap served really cold on a hot summers day. Clean lines will help as well. Hard to imagine how a pub runs out of a Pale though. 😂

Yeah, Carlton Draught is nice, it was probably invented by a South Aussie & then sent over the border to Mexico so they could enjoy a decent beer instead of the other rubbish over there. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Working away in a regional area probably delivery got delayed. 

• Like 2