Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 minute ago, Kegory said:

Fruit salad, Shamus?

It certainly has a dessert beer feeling about it.  Quite sweet.  It reminds me a bit of an expensive raspberry cordial.

Actually, once it got down to about 50ml left, I topped it up with 50ml of a Mango Sour I have on tap.  Wow-wee!  The sourness nicely offsets the sweetness.  All "three" beers tasted good.  The mix was possibly the nicest.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

The second: Leffe Ruby

• I was expecting a robust red ale, but what I got was quite different and in a good way.
  • Aromas of raspberry fruit and floral notes.
  • Complex flavour. Spicy, raspberries and strawberries, cloves, mild bitterness.

IMG_3663.JPG.0f861cd67c713d0ed4677fa9eab4e6f0.JPG

Yes, in my humble opinion, this is a very good beer. As with your experience I found this delightful beer very different from what I was expecting, but I came away loving it. A great beer on a hot summers day but not the sort of beer that you would quaff in any quantity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pints said:

Looks really great that pub. The 2nd ale has a fantastic colour to it

Ah, but that was when it was settling.

The pub is next to Trafalgar Square, never been in it before, the Horse and Guardsman. Or Guardsperson, as it will probably be renamed 🤣

https://www.horseandguardsman.co.uk

Nice couple of pints, an IPA and a bitter. 

Not sure if you’ve been posting in a while Pints, but glad to see you again 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Yes, in my humble opinion, this is a very good beer. As with your experience I found this delightful beer very different from what I was expecting, but I came away loving it. A great beer on a hot summers day but not the sort of beer that you would quaff in any quantity.

IMHO it’s a hangover beer, when you want a coke but you realise you need a slight “kick” to get you going. 
I wonder what it would be like if you had a slab of it in one go? Perish the thought 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trying James Squire 'Hop Thief' American Pale Ale as a change from the Young Henry's Hazy Pale Ale I have been enjoying alongside my pale ale home brew. I can't work out the hop taste of the Sabro, Galaxy and Mosaic hops which are in this brew. The can says "We looked to the mountains of New Mexico to source the new breed of Sabro hops. Bursting with flavour, they perfectly combine fruit and citrus with undertones of cedar, mint and cream". I didn't think it was that exciting. I'll give it another go tonight. 

Hop Thief pale ale (2).jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, jennyss said:

I'll give it another go tonight. 

I stopped expecting the James Squire Hop Thief Pale Ale to be something else, and last night I thought it tasted quite yummy. I'll have to read up my notes on how to describe the taste of beer though: I just don't know how to describe it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

I stopped expecting the James Squire Hop Thief Pale Ale to be something else, and last night I thought it tasted quite yummy. I'll have to read up my notes on how to describe the taste of beer though: I just don't know how to describe it.

Here are a couple of articles that explain beer profiles/tastes etc, they might make some flavours for you to pick out easier.

https://www.barcats.com.au/hospitality-training/top-tips/a-step-by-step-guide-to-beer-tasting/

https://alkypal.com.au/beer/beer-flavour-profiles.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two Turkish beers, past use by date.

Trokya Dakka Pale Ale

IMG_20230405_170112150.thumb.jpg.8bce16bbd095de4913a3f5a1a55728f9.jpg

Foamcano notwithstanding, this is quite nice even if free beer always tastes good.

Trokya Mars Red Ale

IMG_20230405_172510095.thumb.jpg.a7c4928e6ec117eb955c0b706e08934d.jpg

This is good, too.

I'd like to try both when they are fresh.

• Like 4