Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

@DavidM, What a beautiful view. I thought the beach had a familiar look. My uncle, Bruce Basham, was a stalwart at the Port Elliot Surf Life-saving Club from the late 1940's through to the seventies. I seem to remember there was a surf club at Chiton Rocks too.  Did you know there was once a golf course between Goolwa and Middleton, between the road and the sand hills?

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

@DavidM, What a beautiful view. I thought the beach had a familiar look. My uncle, Bruce Basham, was a stalwart at the Port Elliot Surf Life-saving Club from the late 1940's through to the seventies. I seem to remember there was a surf club at Chiton Rocks too.  Did you know there was once a golf course between Goolwa and Middleton, between the road and the sand hills?

Yes, Golf course is still there but not used anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

sláinte agatsa

Fine looking Stout Stquinta.

It certainly was Phil 🍀

I need to work on my pour - I could start with the beer lines. Only one of them is over 3m - I should replace them. 
The Guinness here is 4.8€ a pint, I pay double at 10ChF - 7.8AU$  versus 16,6AU$

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

It certainly was Phil 🍀

I need to work on my pour - I could start with the beer lines. Only one of them is over 3m - I should replace them. 
The Guinness here is 4.8€ a pint, I pay double at 10ChF - 7.8AU$  versus 16,6AU$

I had my first ever Guinness on tap last week, I had only ever had it from a 440ml can poured into a pint glass before that. It was absolutely beautiful and only paid $10 or $10.50 AU.  Cant remember exactly but it was not what I remember drinking from a can years ago. Of the 7 pubs close to me its the only one that has it on tap and I will be returning for a couple as much as I can. 

• Like 2

Someone did ask a few days ago about the Dark Ale, forgot what a great beer it is. Which recipe is better? the Cooper's recipe which uses a can of Pale Ale or a can of Dark Ale with some adjuncts? Or does someone has an AG recipe as I finally will start up the Brewzilla in about two weeks

IMG_6230.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Someone did ask a few days ago about the Dark Ale, forgot what a great beer it is. Which recipe is better? the Cooper's recipe which uses a can of Pale Ale or a can of Dark Ale with some adjuncts? Or does someone has an AG recipe as I finally will start up the Brewzilla in about two weeks

The Dark Ale is a great drink, I have only ever made the extract version, but I will attempt to replicate one with the Brew Zilla too.