Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

51 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Pale Manare they actually nitrous cans though? drinking a guiness can now I know they have the ball in them.

Is it confirmed they put nitrous in the can? 

I think what happens is when u open the can, the widget(ball) releases nitrogen into the beer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:23 PM, Kegory said:

Interesting. I've tried that many times and to me it has a very prominent hop character. There is a clone of that in the Coopers recipe section, Battleship Bitter I think it's called.

Correction: I think the Battleship Bitter is a clone of Adnans Broadside, not Ghost Ship.

I went to the Pub Bottle'o intending to buy something different, sadly there weren't any specials on today but after going through shelves & fridges of Craft Beers & looking at the prices, I ended up with an old favourite.

I am not a cheapskate by any means, but I would rather pay $18.00 for 3 of these than $36.00 for a 4-pack.

The packs & the cans are getting smaller & the prices keep going up. 😬

20230425_135428.thumb.jpg.d3cb6641fbe2c76da5b40171f5a05c95.jpg

• Like 10

Early start today. The footy's on.

Hook Norton Pale Ale. Like sunshine walking across your tongue 

IMG_20230425_152257031_HDR.thumb.jpg.043f1c2b05c0a432d6e822b0de793ae0.jpg

Perhaps not the simile that would have leapt to my mind but quite a nice beer nonetheless. When you drain the last drops of that and think, hmm, I could go another of those they can't be doing much wrong.

Go Bombers!

Little Creatures Pale Ale.

IMG_20230425_155805024.thumb.jpg.910494685f10f0774b7ca95a7b4fdb00.jpg

I've had quite a few of these recently. Collecting the bottles while I still can. Seems crazy to pay for empty beer bottles when I can purchase full beer bottles.

This one is as fresh as I can get it without visiting the brewery. It was delivered to the bottle shop last night.

I've been paying attention. They definitely have more of what seems to me to be a sweet, floral aroma the more distant the best before date. I can only conclude that's from one or more of the hops.

I've stumbled across a few clones of this. I plan to try them. 

• Like 7