Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My old Grandad used to say to me " dont knock it lad unless you try it "

Mind you he was eating sheeps brains.

Yeah well, I wouldn't eat them if you paid me. Funny though, all my life people have said that to me & I have always said great, you eat them I will have something else.

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Not a bad lager this. Not as fruity as original VB. A tad more bitter. I like it. Won't buy it often it's pricey.

20230427_161543.jpg

As i have already discussed with you mate, i'm not a fan of VB on most days but an icy...and i mean icy cold VB including this new version goes down ok if it's drank before it gets to roughly 4°c then its a no from me 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

As i have already discussed with you mate, i'm not a fan of VB on most days but an icy...and i mean icy cold VB including this new version goes down ok if it's drank before it gets to roughly 4°c then its a no from me 

Much agreed, has to be icey cold after mowing the lawn for full potential.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

A bit more nostalgia. First brewed in the early 1900’s in Sydney, production ceased in 1990 it’s available again for a limited time. And for 14 bucks a six pack you really can’t go wrong. Nice drop, might skip solid dinner and have another Ale instead.

6A46F1DA-A414-4350-8EBA-1F85254B297B.jpeg

Im keen to try that.

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

A bit more nostalgia

My father used to have a long neck or two of Resch's DA in the frig in the sixties. He has been brewing his own, always Coopers extracts, from the late eighties when he retired. I will be helping my father mix a brew of Coopers European Lager on the weekend.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

My father used to have a long neck or two of Resch's DA in the frig in the sixties. He has been brewing his own, always Coopers extracts, from the late eighties when he retired. I will be helping my father mix a brew of Coopers European Lager on the weekend.

Note that the European Lager does not come with a lager yeast any more.  It comes with the same hybrid yeast that comes with the Australian Pale Ale and the Mexican Cerveza.  If you can, you might want to see if you can get a-hold of a lager yeast.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Note that the European Lager does not come with a lager yeast any more.

Thanks for that information @Shamus O'Sean. However, it might be for the best, as my father's brew will be sitting in the garage on the NSW South Coast. Temperatures have dropped a lot; but he has no other temperature control, so maybe not cold enough for a lager yeast?

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Thanks for that information @Shamus O'Sean. However, it might be for the best, as my father's brew will be sitting in the garage on the NSW South Coast. Temperatures have dropped a lot; but he has no other temperature control, so maybe not cold enough for a lager yeast?

The hybrid yeast is probably the best way to go then.  It should turn out something like a Blonde Ale.  It will be good too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kegory said:

Is it actually a lager, do you think?

It is a Lager.

Product Details

A big beer in a small bottle with the same great taste and ice-cold refreshment you know and love.

For when you’ve earned that little bit xtra.

Tasting Notes

Slight fruity esters and very subtle resinous characters. Malty aroma and palate, with hoppy notes. Moderate body with low-to-medium sweetness. Modest bitterness that slightly lingers and a low to medium astringent, dry finish.

• Style Lager
  • Alcohol Content 6%
  • Standard Drinks 1.2
  • Brand Victoria Bitter
  • Country Of Origin Australia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:05 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I went out for another AG kit this morning ELIPSE XPA & then to Coopers Alehouse for a couple & then back home for a few more & lunch.

I took the neighbour for a drive & we ended up at the Watermark Front Bar as Friday the lunch menu is $15.00 & a free pint.

Not a bad deal, we had the pizza & the $6.00 pints special.

20230421_125806.jpg

20230421_125824.jpg

20230421_141323.jpg

20230421_142149.jpg

This was last Friday & I took my neighbour for a drive & we caught up for a drink at is place the next day, On Sunday morning he announced he had tested positive for Covid-19, the next day his wife & of course they are in isolation & on the Anti-Viral medication, funny thing is I have absolutely no symptoms & tested negative. 

I have spoken to my doctor & he said it doesn't mean that you won't get it, but it is highly unlikely. 

So, I will just have to wait & see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1