Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Another Belgian Trappist beer. Not sure if I like this one, quite complex tastes and bitterness.

A little astringent though, almost like a huge ABV, but as far as Belgian Trappists go quite medium at 6.2%ABV. 5/10.

2474e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Ya wot mate?

The little collar between the neck and the shoulder. I like it. Distinctive. I'd want some but 375ml sounds like too much work on bottling day.

• Like 2

Anarchy Ale. Beautiful drop. These KnK recipes are blinders really 😃

Obvs still on the AG but nice to keep up the stocks if you don’t have enough time…

I have to get round to kegging a Battleship Bitter, an AG COPA and an Ashes Ale, they’ve been cc for 3 weeks 😳

IMG_8758.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Another Belgian Trappist beer. Not sure if I like this one, quite complex tastes and bitterness.

A little astringent though, almost like a huge ABV, but as far as Belgian Trappists go quite medium at 6.2%ABV. 5/10.

2474e.jpg

Mate, that’s the Holy Grail of Belgian sours! Well, not quite, but it’s up there..

I admit it takes a bit of getting used to. But persevere though, it’ll be worth it. I have a slab in the cellar untouched, there was a scare around that they’d run out, so I panic-bought. Some people bought bog roll and pasta during Covid, well, I bought beer 🍺 
Admittedly not a session beer 😳

The bottles are the best if ever you need to bottle a keeper though, really heavy 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I didn't know what to expect with this - Delirium Argentum. 

Has hints of caramel but balanced with a solid bitterness, especially on the aftertaste. Quite spicy.  6/10.

2470e.jpg

I’m not sure about those either. The “standard” Delirium Tremens is a Strong Blond, decent enough but not a patch on Duvel IMHO.

I got a Christmas pack of three or four different ones because there was a nice glass with an elephant’s trunk as the stem (probably posted it somewhere) but some of the brews were a bit iffy. I think I even have a couple left over: note to self - fob off onto neighbours

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Anarchy Ale. Beautiful drop. These KnK recipes are blinders really 😃

Good to know. I've only tasted a few by @Stickers so far. I was impressed. I hope I can have similar success.

Edited by Kegory
Trying to tag. Still haven't figured it out.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Good to know. I've only tasted a few by @Stickers so far. I was impressed. I hope I can have similar success.

Try this mate;

Interacting with Other Members

There are multiple ways to now directly contact other members without having to create a post.

You can now tag other members in your posts for them to receive a notification to review (unless they’ve turned off all notification settings). E.g. you might want to '@Coopers DIY Beer Team' if you have a question regarding a Coopers DIY Beer product or recipe. You might have also uploaded an image of your finished Recipe of the Month beer and you’d like to tag us or other members to compare their finished beer to yours.

You can now also private message other members. To private message click the envelope icon ‘*’ a pop up will appear which will display your recent messages. To start a new message, click ‘Compose New’, you’ll need to know the members alias and type this in the ‘To’ field. A drop-down will appear once you begin typing their alias, please ensure you select the correct member. You’ll have the opportunity to enter a subject, message and attach a file before clicking ‘Send’.

The envelope icon is found on the slide out menu on mobile view once you have signed in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoppy81 said:

Third brew mashing away so thought I'd have a couple sneaky session ales, damn these go down well...maybe a little too well haha.

Cheers all 🍻

20230510_153942.thumb.jpg.187622c542ae45e0f27352e77b73b889.jpg

Some lovely looking carb there ol sausage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That’s what I call a bargain. Got myself a case of Henninger Lager which brought it down to $3.60 for a 660ml bottle of good old school German Lager. I really like it. And I might use the bottles for my Ginger beer I have in the fermenter right now 

A0E35E10-7BE9-44DB-B4D8-0CD5433248FA.jpeg

08BF8393-5E81-4284-897B-5E30B95FDCA9.png

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Some lovely looking carb there ol sausage.

Yeah my carb had been down a bit last month, couldn't understand why until I realised I had 23 kegs hooked up to the CO2 bottle at 12psi haha, my bad

• Haha 6

On 5/7/2023 at 9:36 PM, kmar92 said:

Cruise ship in town is not great though, as I would imagine that it is overrun by the ship cruisers in town.

Cairns was very quiet for this time of year IMO.  I think they have not recovered from C19 times yet as the rubber necks were very thin on the ground and still a lot of shops empty or closed up.  The place was way too quite if you ask me.

Cruise ship passengers entering a port/harbour town are not really what the local traders in shops want.

I was in Hobart some time back and in a store browsing when the owners suddenly shut and locked the doors and turned all main lights off, this is with a few of us customers inside.  I asked him what was going on and he said they just got word the "cruisers" were about to come up his street.  I would have thought he would want dozens if not hundreds of people coming into his shop.  No way, he said, they never buy anything as they can get everything they want on board the cruise ship duty free and gst free so the cruisers think the traders are trying to rip people off and turn their wallets away from the local traders. 

When the cruise mob passed by his closed store and moved on he reopened the doors again and things returned to normal.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/8/2023 at 9:17 PM, iBooz2 said:

@beach_life , The Garage certainly was open today, I had a Crisp Lager there.  Nice little spot would have loved to hang around and try out some of their tucker too.  They open at 3pm on Mondays.

Crisp Lager at The Garage Misson Beach.JPG

Just have to say that my Outback Pub Lager blows this one off the beach.  Mine is much better flavour wise and aroma wise plus it has a head.  The Coral Sea's lager was way under-carbed, probably made to smash down quickly in the tropical heat.  It was refreshing enough but I'm so glad to be back on my own crisp lager.

• Like 2