Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 5/22/2023 at 5:04 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

And now for something different, 😆 Nah it was on special, better than some of the Lolly water for the same price!

The Melba & Galaxy Hops provide a nice bitterness & taste.

20230522_154239.thumb.jpg.917f26b2ad06d42e638d193f707d9bcf.jpg

fair to say this was my overall favourite off the tap during my quick trip to adelaide 🍻

21 hours ago, jennyss said:

@Pale Man, The Sparkling Ale sounds good. It is one of my father's favourite brews. I will have to try and make it soon.

Have a go at the Coopers Sparkling tin @jennyss. You probably wont replicate the commercial version, but with the skills you're building you'll make a very nice homebrewed version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good on ya mate, looks great.

Theoretically your own brews would go in "What are you drinking" & commercial beers would go in "Todays Tastings" but it ain't a big deal. Just saying, that's all.

A while ago some members got quite upset about it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What makes it so special is its my first brew I've put down after many many years. Surprisingly I was waiting for the twang but it never eventuated. Got another one ready to keg so no stopping me now.

Hmmmm really thinking about AG now it looks so streamlined with equipment like the Brewzilla. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

What makes it so special is its my first brew I've put down after many many years. Surprisingly I was waiting for the twang but it never eventuated. Got another one ready to keg so no stopping me now.

Hmmmm really thinking about AG now it looks so streamlined with equipment like the Brewzilla. 

I find that kegging a k & k brew & because you aren't adding sugar to carbonate it as the CO2 takes care of that, there is no twang.

AG is a totally different ball game as if you get it right, it is far superior.

The nice tightly formed foamy head you get from CO2 compared to a carbonated bottle of sugary ice creamy froth really stands out.

Go the BrewZilla, they do a great job unless you are rich & can afford Grainfather.

• Like 2

Sparkling ale, DME, Crystal malt ( steeped ) Amarillo hops and Nottingham yeast it come up a treat.

Your spot on about the glassware I'll drink out of that watching them in the finals 👍

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 2

I had planned to attend, and was quite looking forward to, a structured tasting with the local home brew club tonight. However, I'm still recovering from a cold I picked up at GABS and reluctantly concluded I'd better not go there and cough over people.

Instead I'm having an unstructured, progressive tasting at home.

Hix Beer, Brown Ale.

IMG_20230526_182911604.thumb.jpg.7f82b0ffd7bda842822ad66eb7fbf24f.jpg

Hix Beer, Dbl Chocolate Porter.

IMG_20230526_191500966.thumb.jpg.7745e85bbe5e07525b12bc439b38ec81.jpg

Hix Beer, Irish Stout.

IMG_20230526_202654147.thumb.jpg.05b065e23269e004565217499a4d186d.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

This is why it's called Sparkling Ale. Look at that perfect carbonation. And beautiful taste to go with it.

20230527_144026.jpg

Yeah, I agree, if I was allowed only one brand of beer, I would be happy with the Coopers range - there isn't a bad one in there, unlike many other brands although the Sierra Nevada/Big Shed/Three Chins Brewing range are all good.

There are so many crappy 'so called craft beers' out there nowadays they end up giving the industry a bad name.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I agree, if I was allowed only one brand of beer, I would be happy with the Coopers range - there isn't a bad one in there, unlike many other brands although the Sierra Nevada/Big Shed/Three Chins Brewing range are all good.

There are so many crappy 'so called craft beers' out there nowadays they end up giving the industry a bad name.

I dont do craft beer anymore Phil. Doesn't work with my tastes. @Hoppy81  beers i dont class as modern day funky craft beers.  Just very tasty down to earth beers. He's nailed it.

I'd like to see him add a traditional hefeweizen to his range.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

I dont do craft beer anymore Phil. Doesn't work with my tastes. @Hoppy81  beers i dont class as modern day funky craft beers.  Just very tasty down to earth beers. He's nailed it.

I certainly agree with you on that, his beers are solid, I haven't had any for a while- Hoppy, where are you 😭

A hefeweizen would be a great idea, sort it😉 Paley. 

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Yeah I don't venture out too much anymore as the majority are just over hopped bad beers haha.

Cheers for the love, one day I'll definitely do a Hefe, I still have my Old Ale I need to release one day when I can keep up with 6 brews haha, it's quite similar to Theakston old peculiar.

• Like 4