Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 minute ago, Back Brewing said:

Mate if you want a nice cask get De bortoli shiraz pressings it is full bodied $22 sometimes you get them on special 2 for $33

Mate, I have been buying that for years, all of their wines are great, in fact the wine in the casks is the same as their bottles.

The Chief Winemaker & the General Manager were on a wine show & confirmed it, of course they have a higher quality, more expensive range as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate, I have been buying that for years, all of their wines are great, in fact the wine in the casks is the same as their bottles.

The Chief Winemaker & the General Manager were on a wine show & confirmed it, of course they have a higher quality, more expensive range as well.

👌

55 minutes ago, Kegory said:

The always reliable Chateau Car d'Boarde

I'm assuming this was a joke meaning cardboard? Goon wine and classic has thought u meant an actual type of wine? if it is then joke on me for not knowing much about it.

Edit: Ok so French for cask wine which can have any sort of wine in it. So maybe classics comment about the different grape was the joke?

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg

33 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I'm assuming this was a joke meaning cardboard? Goon wine and classic has thought u meant an actual type of wine? if it is then joke on me for not knowing much about it.

Edit: Ok so French for cask wine which can have any sort of wine in it. So maybe classics comment about the different grape was the joke?

Yeah, old joke. Can't resist the classics.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice, I doubt if we will ever see that over here with all of the 'Tree Huggers'.

They are here already  kegland sell them  .

all they are is  a keg parker fill with ice slap in the keg (they wouldnt be any bigger then 10 litres)  connect a  16gram co2 bulb or even the 400gram  sodastream bottle   and a pluto  or bronco tap    and ya got that set up

but i do not think we will see these at the afl or rugby here in oz  ,  but  at beer festivals etc you may

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

They are here already  kegland sell them  .

all they are is  a keg parker fill with ice slap in the keg (they wouldnt be any bigger then 10 litres)  connect a  16gram co2 bulb or even the 400gram  sodastream bottle   and a pluto  or bronco tap    and ya got that set up

but i do not think we will see these at the afl or rugby here in oz  ,  but  at beer festivals etc you may

Yeah, I have seen the KL units, they would be great for social events, but my point was all of the great, really friendly, nice intelligent people (NOT) running our country wouldn't allow them at public venues.

In fact, my opinion is that they should pull their heads out of there ....... & realise that could be a really great at sports, it opens up all sorts of possibilities for sponsorship, advertising & promotion. Then there is the simple convenience of it, not having to leave your seat.

But, as we all know there are drink-driving laws, so it goes on ....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@stquinto rugby union mate? good game not many in the stands. A local competition?

It was the last match of the French rugby Union tournament (Top 14). That is Toulon, with a great (if small) stadium right next to the port. Lots of atmosphere, they’re really passionate about the game there. 
The photo was taken early before anyone got there. Here’s a more accurate showing. 
Toulon was where an English player finished his days, Jonny Wilkinson. You’ve probably not heard of him down under but he became a legend at Toulon…

IMG_8886.jpeg

• Like 3